A storyboard template helps the organizers to graphically plan a story. It is a very important tool for visually analyzing and presenting useful information. It is pretty similar to process timelines as the linearly aligned cells are perfect for storytelling.
The storyboard helps the authors and directors to individual focus on each frame without any distraction. So, the storyboard allows us to break the whole story into linear small frames. You may also like Graph Paper Template.
Table of Contents
What is a storyboard template?
A storyboard template is prepared to draft the process of collection and it enables its users to share the professional storyboards easily. A storyboard is a graphic organizer used during telling a story for the purpose of displaying illustrations and images. Furthermore, it is used to inform how a scene will play outshot by shot. Storyboards are such a useful tool to visually display information.
In addition, the storyboard enables the storyteller to pay attention to each cell separately without any interruption.
How do I make a storyboard?
Below are the steps that will help you to make a storyboard;
Step#1: At first, draft a template. Likewise, a comic strip creates a series of rectangles on a piece of paper. Under each rectangle must provide a space for notes or lines of script.
Step#2: Secondly, ass the script. Write down the line of dialogue or script under each rectangle related to that scene.
Step#3: Thirdly, sketch out the story. If you are not an artist so don’t worry, you just have to draw the figures that will do the trick. However, you may show the movement with help of an arrow. You can also use images or photographs cut from a magazine if you don’t want to sketch it on your own. Moreover, with the help of storyboarding tools online, you can choose characters and add anything to them such as speech bubbles, text blocks, record audio, etc.
Step#4: In the last step, add notes about every scene. Here you can involve an explanation of what’s happening, camera angles, or any certain effects. Also, add music or sound effects.
How to use Storyboard Template?
The storyboard template works like a root for animation and movie making. It has many applications in professional and large industries. The advertisement agencies use storyboards to plan and focus on each frame of the commercial.
Similarly, the directors and artists use it for their specialized activities. Further, it isn’t just linked with the professional industries. The storyboard has several applications for home and school. As all the aspects and in-depth details of the potential risks and issues are analyzed. It’s a tool to achieve your desired outcome in a simplified manner.
Thus, there are several applications of storyboarding in business, education, security, investigation, and the entertainment industry.
The businesses use the storyboarding technique to throw a product idea to the stakeholders. Also, it helps to simplify the process of illustrating potential outcomes. The storyboard template can be used in group projects to present ideas to the project team. As it helps to make and present How-To instructions.
The students can use storyboarding to keep track of the characters in a text. So, consequently helps to summarize a text. Another important application of the storyboard is in process explanation. It helps to visually show the steps of an experiment.
Also, the student uses the storyboard template to create visually stunning process animations and illustrated stories.
Further, there are tons of applications of storyboard templates in the entertainment industry. The scenes and shots of a commercial, vlog, and TV shows are planned using the storyboarding technique.
The best application of storyboard in the entertainment industry is planning of scenery for the scene production for any commercial or vlog. Also, comic books are the best example of products that are created using a storyboard template.
What are the benefits of a storyboard?
Storyboard provides various benefits to its user;
- Storyboard enables you to give your ideas visual looks that are bouncing in your minds. You can use it as a reference during a presentation to members all your ideas.
- It assists you to plan your video more efficiently. If you plan your video thoroughly then definitely you will get a better product.
- The storyboard helps you to share your ideas with other people. It displays the ideas you have in your mind in front of your colleagues.
- Storyboard allows you to make a perfect video. It helps you to realize your weaknesses and problems that you haven’t noticed while preparing the video.
- If you have a good storyboard then you can bring your video to life more effectively.
- Storyboards save your time and budget. You can create a perfect video without worrying about the budget.
What basic components should a storyboard contain?
Every storyboard must contain the following basic components;
- Project name: Write down the name of a project that you have decided on. If you don’t decide yet then use a working title.
- Scene number: Give a certain number to each scene so that you can easily find it from the script when you start shooting.
- Page number: Each page must contain a specific number to protect your order.
- Shot number: By assigning a shot number keep a record of each shot.
- Description: Add a brief description. You should also check the Doctor Prescription Pad Template.
Components of Storyboard Template:
There are many formats and types of storyboard templates. It depends on the number of frames/scenes available on each page and the total number of pages included in the template. Further, the size of the storyboard is also important.
A simple storyboard template must include the title of the page and page number. Further, the scene number and shot number is also important to record. However, the keyword of the scene can also be used in the replacement of scene number for quick understanding.
The storyboard has typical 4, 6, or 8 scene boards. Each board has a separate same-size image placeholder where the illustration of the scene is pasted. Further, the notes or details of the scene are briefly written under the illustration.
The storyboard frames are symmetrically organized on the storyboard page. So, it makes the whole page graphically pleasant to visualize and understand.