Exercise is considered a healthier habit if practiced calculatedly. It is always important to have a proper tracking system in hand for your daily workout routine. Here, workout tracker templates play an important role in managing and tracking time to time workout activity for fitness regards.
Working out isn’t just linked to going gym and do whatever you want without any regular pattern. For fitness purposes, it’s equally important to follow a systematic pattern of working out. It’s irrelevant if you are doing it for years or just thinking to start a workout routine for the first time.
Before going into the details of the workout tracker, It is important to follow the below guidelines on how to start working out. So, the tracking system should have any purpose; You may also check the weight loss tracker template.
- Identify the goal to know, what you want to be good at?
- Do the research and reach the people who already have made it.
- Focus on the main idea instead of following the details.
- Don’t haste; Go slow with the rhythm.
- Be punctual; don’t miss the workout session.
- Choose the best exercise aligning with the goal and get started.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
A workout log is a journal, notebook, or app that assists you to keep a record of your training so that every session is efficient. It contains the record of your previous session. Your memory can’t store all this information and you can easily forget the smallest details. Workout log allows you to plan your next session easily by keeping the previous session in view. In this way, you can definitely improve your progress on regular basis.
Step#1: At first, open Excel, and at the top of the search bar, search for Fitness. On the homepage, excel provides you several different types of templates before going to start a new workbook.
Step#2: Next, choose the ‘Fitness plan’ template that you like.
Step#3: After that, enter all the information related to your workout in the data cells given. Commonly, templates contain four exercises per category i.e.
However, you can also edit the template as you want.
Step#4: You can also share your workout log with your trainers. For this purpose, you just need to enter the email addresses of those with whom you want to share your training success.
Step#5: Then, for tracking the progress of your fitness plan by using an Excel file, click File and then select new and enter ‘weight loss tracker’ to find the ‘weight loss tracker with BMI’ template, then choose it to open it.
Step#6: In the ‘data entry’ tab, type your personal data to keep a record of your progress.
Here are some guidelines on how to use printable workout logs;
- In the date and time section, write the exact date and time of the workout.
- Before each workout, check your weight daily. This is because if you are planning to lose weight then it is important. Moreover, it has various advantages.
- Jot down cardio if you had any because this will affect your workout.
- Write down all the exercises in your program. You will perform this exercise every time when you will work out. The exercise sets that you will be doing to keep track of it.
- Also, note down how long you work out from start to end.
- Next, add any comments that you have for your work out. You can write anything you learned or anything interesting that happened to you.
- Write the location of your workout. It is necessary for those who workout at different places.
Here are some guidelines on how to start a workout journal and keep up with it;
- Firstly, select a journal you will use.
- Secondly, take an initiative with your goals. Your goals are to weight lose, run faster, etc.
- Next, mark your food goals and intake.
- Keep a record of how frequently you exercise.
- Then, jot down your emotions.
- Make it interesting.
- Furthermore, keep it as a part of your schedule.
Importance of Workout Tracker Templates
To achieve the fitness goal set before starting the workout routine. It’s important to be punctual, have patience and rhythm in working out the pattern. Just going on randomly with different exercises and diet plan isn’t really going to make any difference. Therefore, it becomes essential to make a workout tracker that should accomplish the below goals;
- The workout tracking template must be easy to use and quick.
- So, it must not take a lot of time for recording the workout instead of doing it.
- The workout tracking template must have only the useful information.
- Information that isn’t really required must not be present or recorded.
- A simple workout tracker just has 3 sets of information.
- Firstly, what I have to do? Secondly, what I have already done? Finally, what is the next session I have to do?
- The workout tracking template should be versatile enough to record different styles of workouts.
- Means, the one template should be enough to fulfill all needs of workout tracking.
How to make the Workout Tracker Templates?
A good workout-tracking template is one that fulfills all the purposes briefly jotted in the above paragraph. So, an efficient, as well as effective workout tracker template can be developed by following the below guidelines; You may also like doctor’s note templates.
- Write down the date of starting a new workout session and bodyweight.
- This practice can be followed daily or after any set milestones.
- Decide the workout plan and formalize the way of writing the workout plan.
- One can follow the (Exercise – Weight – Sets x Reps) format of writing a workout plan.
- Choose the workout plan for the initial days of working out very carefully.
- Use tally marks or any other method of recording the sets completed after each set.
- Better to go for the tally mark system as it’s easy and the quickest one.
This system of tracking workouts is versatile to use for any style of workout, also the quickest one and records only required information.