You, as the employer or the HR head, needs a training plan template to give your employees with the necessary training that will strengthen their skills. This training plan also boosts company growth. By providing the right training, the weaknesses that can slow down your company’s growth, operations, and the overall success are also reduces.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a training plan outline?
- 2 Why do you require a training plan?
- 3 How to write a training plan?
- 4 Conclusion:
What is a training plan outline?
A training plan is used as an outline for the requirements, objectives, curriculum, and strategies that you require to address while employees using any enhanced or new amendments in your company. Moreover, the training plan must contain your target audiences and the topics that it will cover. You may also like Training Manual Templates.
Why do you require a training plan?
Your employees should become efficient in their jobs as they are your most valuable asset. This will be definitely good for your company. So, having a good training plan is the most important thing for your company. This document gives you with the tools that instructs your employees in improving their productivity.
Nowadays, training schedule templates differ from the ones in the past because these plans require adjustments to the changing conditions in the world of business. You can create your own plan from scratch or you can customize it to suit your requirements. Let us discuss below the benefits of having this plan;
- This plan provides you an advantage towards your employees’ productivity. Also, it promotes a healthy work culture.
- Since it will set up your new employees for success, they will have a clear path to productivity.
- In the workplace, it gives empowerment and realistic expectations for making a thriving culture that will come to fruition.
- It makes you able to be better than your competitors. Your team will have better opportunities to win in the market and in the eyes of your customers as a plan helps your employees succeed.
How to write a training plan?
Here are a few pointers that will help you in creating your training plan;
Identify your company’s training needs
Use your company’s various resources in order to identify your employees’ training needs. Consider the following before creating your training plan template;
- Company goals
- Job descriptions
- HR complaints
- Legal obligations
Identify the employees you will train
After compiling all of the topics to cover in your training, you have to identify which of your employees need training. To determine these employees, you can use other available resources of your company. You can refer the following for this;
- Company Policy: You should use this policy to start your list of employees as it will determine who needs training and in what frequency.
- Employee Records: by reviewing the records of your employees, you can identify which employees might need more training.
- Performance Data: you can identify your employee’s weaknesses by reviewing their performance information. Those employees who have such weaknesses require refresher training.
- Observations: you will identify those employees who need training in specific areas by vigilantly keeping your ears and eyes open in the workplace.
- Informal Discussions: talking to your employees, supervisors, and managers frequently make a point. By doing this, you will get candid information regarding areas where employees feel well-equipped to perform their jobs.
- Focus Groups: this includes choosing a group of employees who you will ask designed questions about training. The activity will be your opportunity to collect relevant information in a short interval of time.
- Interviews: personal interviews is another effective way to discover what training your employees want or need. But, this method is time-consuming.
- Questionnaires: Come up with a questionnaire specific to the training plan template Excel is the effective method for new or elective training areas.
- Demonstrations or Skill Tests: determine who needs additional training by conducting written tests or having your employees perform demonstrations on certain equipment.
Learn how to improve your employees
Adults are typically considered self-directed learners. They have their own learning styles that generally contain certain parameters. You as a trainer have to structure your training programs to meet these parameters. Aside from this, you can still encounter reluctant learners. You can consider these factors to overcome this issue;
For each session to make a feeling of concern, you should start with an open or friendly tone. After that, set an appropriate difficulty level for your training. For adult trainers, other motivators may include the following;
- Personal achievement
- Social well-being
- External expectations
- Social relationships
Know your audience
By analyzing the participants in each of the groups, you can make each training session as effective as possible. Let us discuss below the three most common learning styles;
- Visual: the learners get best information by reading and seeing. Their brains process the visual information. After seeing it, they retain it. These learners benefit best by visual presentations such as diagrams, written instructions, handouts, videos, and more.
- Oral: These learners’ best receive information through audio-conferences, speakers, Q&A sessions, discussion groups, and more.
- Tactile or Kinetic: these learners’ best get information via their sense of touch. You should also check Employee Training Schedule Templates.
Create a comprehensive blueprint
You will identify after your research what your training needs are, who requires training, and the method you can best train them. Next, it’s time to build your plans. You can do this by following steps;
- For the accomplishments, use quantifiable measurements that you think your employees have to achieve after their training.
- The specific trends and numbers that you want your training program should achieve, use charts, tables, and graphs to present them.
- You intended goals should be both achievable and realistic. However, they don’t have to be too easy. To improve your employee’s performance, you should know them well enough to know how to challenge them.
In conclusion, a training plan template is an essential tool that boosts your company growth, operations, and the overall success. This training plan guides your employees in improving their productivity.