A taxi receipt template is used by the taxi drivers to issue a taxi receipt to the passengers who travel locally or abroad for business purposes. Usually, employees use this receipt to reimburse from your company the travel expenses incurred for different purposes.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a taxi receipt?
- 2 What to include in a taxi receipt template?
- 3 Why do you require this receipt?
- 4 How to write a taxi receipt?
- 5 Purpose of taxi receipt for passengers:
- 6 Conclusion:
What is a taxi receipt?
It is a document issued by a taxi driver to you as a passenger. This receipt proves that you have paid a specific fare amount for a trip. Moreover, the receipt also includes important details like your name, contact details, and others. You may also like Auto Repair Invoice Templates.
What to include in a taxi receipt template?
Taxi receipt should include the following information;
- You should include the taxi’s company name along with the logo of the company.
- The business address of the company should be included so that the passenger can reach you in case certain issues arise.
- Also, mention the contact number of the taxi company.
- Write the date that indicate your trip.
- The time of your trip.
- You also have to include the address where the taxi driver picked you up.
- The destination address where the taxi driver dropped you off.
- The complete name of the driver.
- The receipt should also include the registration number of the taxi’s plate number.
- Specify the fare that the taxi driver charges you for the trip.
Why do you require this receipt?
There are different situations that require the use of a taxi receipt;
Private transportation companies
These companies refer to hire-a-driver service companies. Here, each transaction features a receipt that includes the mileage, date and time, and the amount of the fare. Both the passenger and the driver should have copies of the receipt.
Public prepaid taxi services
The use of a taxi receipt template becomes a legal requirement for the businesses that run a prepaid business for taxi services that occupy booths at railway stations or airports.
Personal or private transportation services
It becomes important to issue some kind of receipt if a business rents out carpool or other transportation services using a personally-owned vehicle. This receipt makes sure that the driver is always doing organized and legal transactions.
How to write a taxi receipt?
Taxi companies or drivers can download one online at no charge in order to make things easier in creating a taxi receipt. On the other hand, if you want to make your own then you should look at a sample cab receipt and go through it before creating one for the company.
With the help of word-processing software, it is very easy to make an NYC taxi receipt or a template for any other state on the computer. Follow the below steps to launch the application;
- At first, open a new document.
- Next, you have to adjust the size of the page and select the text size and text color.
- The header of the document should be made as preferred. But, the size of the header’s text must be a bit larger than the rest of the text.
- Then, include information on the receipt and you have to ensure to include the important elements mentioned above.
- Finally, save the document and print it out.
Purpose of taxi receipt for passengers:
The people that travel overseas for business purposes are usually given reimbursements on their transportation expenses. In most cases, the company or government compensates these expenses for the persons that work for them. Every time when you are on a trip, you should claim a taxi receipt for reimbursement purposes. You should also check Rent Receipt Templates.
Furthermore, the amount spent for business purposes is deducted from taxes with just a few exceptions to this rule. But, you have to present a taxi receipt template for the expenditure in case you want to get reimbursed for these expenses.
As tax-deductible, not all taxi fare can get claimed. However, they could be under a number of conditions. For example, you may have to take a taxi to get to work in case your vehicle malfunctions on your way to work. Your reasons for taking a taxi can be categorized as official business, commuting expenses. So, don’t classify as tax-deductible even if they’re occasional.
In case, you took a taxi from the office to the airport to fetch a client and you have used your own money to pay. Your employer in such a case didn’t reimburse that amount, then you can consider the expense deductible. In such a situation, it is suggested to ask for a receipt once you get into the cab. The receipt definitely won’t get issued until you reach your destination. But, you should tell the taxi driver beforehand.
The Internal Revenue Service, in most case, needs taxpayers to submit valid documents that indicates business-related tax deductions as well as contain expenses for cab fares. For this, the original receipt is the best type of documentation you can provide that includes information explaining its business-related purpose.
In addition, you may also have an option to either refuse or receive a receipt. The taxis that accept credit cards as a payment option must give an electronic and paper record of the transaction. Keep in mind that when your credit card bill arrives, keep this receipt in such a case for confirmation.
Medical taxi rides
You can also the deduct cost of taking a cab for getting medical care other than the business-related purposes. In case, you’re not permitted to travel alone then this includes fare for yourself and someone else.
In conclusion, a taxi receipt template is a document issued by the taxi driver to the passenger as an evidence that you have paid a specific fare amount for a trip. The receipt should include all the essential information.