A two weeks notice letter is a formal document used for forwarding your intention of resignation to the management. It is delivered two ways from the farewell day. Moreover, the Two weeks time period is a standard resignation time frame in many counties and clears the way for a formal departure.
In this article, the comprehensive details of writing a formal Two weeks notice letter will be given. It must involve concrete reasons to justify the resignation in a formal way and jargon. You should also check the Termination of Employment Letter.
Table of Contents
- 1 Important Aspects of the Two weeks Notice Letter
- 2 Best Two Weeks Notice Letters:
- 3 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 4 What is a notice letter?
- 5 What you should include in a resignation letter?
- 6 What are the quick notice letter writing tips?
- 7 How do I write an immediate resignation letter?
- 8 Does your 2-week notice have to be in writing?
- 9 Two weeks Notice Letter Template
- 10 Formal 2 weeks notice Templates:
- 11 Must Haves of Two weeks Notice Letter
- 12 Resignation Letter Examples
- 13 Conclusion:
Important Aspects of the Two weeks Notice Letter
There are a lot of aspects to consider before putting forward the resignation using a Two weeks notice letter. The following aspect of the current position and plan must be analyzed carefully.
- Employment Aspect: Analyze the details about what’s the next job, when it is going to start, and downtime between the jobs?
- Financial Aspect: To analyze how the resignation will affect your financial position? Is there any downtime between jobs?
- Social Aspects: How your resignation is going to affect your coworkers? Leaving any bugs in the work to burden them out?
- HR Aspects: How the PTO’s and other details will be countered with the HR department? How smooth will be the clearance process?
Best Two Weeks Notice Letters:
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is a notice letter?
A notice letter is a formal letter that declares your intention to leave the company. It is also known as a resignation letter. By writing a notice letter, you not only obey the employment rules of your company but also show your employers that you have the ability to handle all situations with decorum.
What you should include in a resignation letter?
In a resignation letter, you should include the following information;
- A statement: include the statement that clearly explains that you are going to resign.
- Date: the date when you are writing a letter and also mention the date of your last day of work.
- Reason: a precise explanation of why you are leaving your position.
- Closing: A humble thank you at the end of a letter.
- Your signature: You may also include the following additional information in the letter;
- Briefly explain your job experience.
- Any advice for the betterment of the organization or company.
What are the quick notice letter writing tips?
Some tips that you require to make your notice letter more effective are discussed below;
- You should use a formal and neutral tone. Don’t explain in detail why you are leaving the company unless mandatory.
- Ensures that you include a specific date of resignation.
- Don’t show negative thoughts about your colleagues, employers, or the company.
- Avoid using such a tone that shows you were not happy with the company or organization.
- You shouldn’t say that salary or bonuses are the reason for your resignation.
- In the closing of the letter, include thank you note and show the level of gratitude towards the company.
How do I write an immediate resignation letter?
You should keep in mind the following things when writing an immediate resignation letter;
- At first, write the date. Since you are writing a resignation letter immediately then write the date of your departure at the start of a letter.
- After that, give a statement that explains the reason for your resignation but doesn’t explain everything in detail. Writing it precisely showing that you respect your employer’s time.
- Next, remain professional. You should use a professional tone throughout the note.
- Then, if you have any questions about your paycheck or any bonus you can also write it in your resignation letter. However, you can also ask these during a meeting with your employer.
- Always express the level of gratitude for a company in the resignation letter. Also, apologize to the employer for leaving so immediately.
- At the end of the letter, provide contact information such as your email address and contact number.
- When you have all done with the above steps proofread your letter because it’s the last chance for you to leave a good impression. After that, make copies of your letter and sign each one.
Does your 2-week notice have to be in writing?
Yes, your 2-week notice must be in writing. This is because you have to explain everything in detail why you are leaving.
Two weeks Notice Letter Template
Putting forward your resignation case in front of the manager isn’t as simple. One needs to write a formal letter carrying all the essential details about the departure.
Therefore, a reference notice letter proves a helping hand in this hour of need. It provides a formal format for writing down a resignation letter. Moreover, the cover of the letter carries the following details:
- Your Name
- Your Email Address
- Your Designation
- Company Name
- Company Address
- Name of the Line Manager
- Date of the Letter
A simple Two weeks notice letter helps in the following situations:
- Assist the newcomers to put forward resignation to follow career growth plans.
- In a situation when the reporter isn’t too familiar with the nature of the line manager.
- It helps to choose formal and neutral jargon.
- If one doesn’t want to include the reason for resignation in the Two weeks notice letter.
Formal 2 weeks notice Templates:
Must Haves of Two weeks Notice Letter
It is difficult to format a Two weeks notice letter after spending more than 2 years at your work. One has to look into several factors such as social, financial, employment, and HR aspects.
Moreover, the following details must be included in the Two weeks notice letter for a relatively senior position than a newbie.
- The Reason of Intention of the Resignation
- Date of the Last Working Day
- Assurance of Loyalty towards the work during the Notice Period.
- Any negotiation margin to help both the employee and company during the notice period.
- The appreciation to the employer for providing opportunities and facilities over the service period.
Resignation Letter Examples
In conclusion, the Two weeks notice letter is a formal document issued by the employee to the employer to put forward the intention of departing from the work in the standard notice period as per company policy.
It includes all the details to answer the questions that may come into the mind of the line manager about the reason for resignation and pending tasks.