The house cleaning checklist template contains a scheduling of chores. You need a checklist for conducting a general house cleaning. Before moving on to the next, this checklist allows you to finish the chores according to schedule. With the help of template, you can make things easier for you.
Table of Contents
- 1 Basic parts of a house cleaning checklist:
- 2 Daily chores:
- 3 Weekly chores:
- 4 Monthly and seasonal chores:
- 5 How do you clean a house professionally?
- 6 Is it good to hire a house cleaning service?
- 7 Conclusion:
- 8 Faqs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- 9 Does my house cleaner require insurance?
- 10 What are the charges of a cleaning service?
Basic parts of a house cleaning checklist:
The first thing that comes in mind when facing the daunting task of house cleaning is where to start. For house cleaning, don’t get threatened. You can overcome your fear by making a cleaning checklist template. You can also download this template from any website. It helps you declutter and deep-clean an entire house. Moreover, your first obstacle is where to start your cleaning. You can break down the chores with the help of a house cleaning schedule. Let us discuss below the basic parts of a house cleaning checklist;
For living room:
Keep your living room the first on your agenda. After you have done, it is the first place your client will inspect. Also, keep in mind that the first impression is lasting. A clean living room would be appreciated by your client.
In the kitchen, the accumulation of grime and oily substances is the usual problem. You face these settle after oily cooking. You can see that your walls will look soiled and there’s persistent stale smell. Furthermore, on the kitchen cleaning, you have to put more effort. Hygienic factor is the main reason behind it. There is also a lot of germs and bacteria’s due to unsanitary conditions. You may also like First / New Apartment Checklist Templates.
Almost one-third of our lives spend in the bedroom. Therefore, it is mandatory to maintain a clean and comfortable bedroom.
It is the greatest place in your house where you can dispose of your problems in comfort. We can make ourselves clean here. So, we should keep it clean as well. If your bathroom is properly maintained, you can love it.
For corridors or lobbies:
These parts of the house usually get ignored due to their limited sizes. But these are the places where people unknowingly walk every day. Some people also focus on them because they lead to the rooms they intend to go. They also make the same impressions as the other parts of the house.
These are the chores that you have to do daily. In this way, you can make your home prepare whenever guests come to visit. You should also share these chores among members of the family so that you can’t task to do everything;
- Every member of the house should make their own beds daily. You should also ask your child to do this chore too.
- Wash your dishes either manually or by using the dishwasher after every meal. Complete your task by unloading the dishes when they are dry and then place them away. If you place a pile of dirty dishes on the sink for a couple of days then surely it is not a pretty sight.
- Don’t let the mail pile-up. From your mail, sort out bills and relevant papers in order to get rid of the unnecessary ones. By recycling junk mail, you can make you more environment-friendly.
- Keep the main entrance, the kitchen, and hallways always vacuum or clean high-traffic areas.
- Clean the kitchen sinks and counters and stoves daily because they are always subjected to oil marks. Also, keep your counters free from kitchen utensils.
- Any dirt, spills, and other messy stuff should be cleaned when required.
- At all times, put all the items in their proper places. Put all the dirty clothes into the hamper. Place the children’s toys in their room.
- On the daily basis, take the trash out.
- Do a daily quick wipe on your bathroom sink and fixtures to prevent any accumulation of grime.
Over the course of the week, distribute your weekly chores. Don’t do all the weekly chores in one day. If you do this then you may lead to half-baked jobs that may need redoing. Below are some useful tips for your weekly chores;
- Doing your laundry not just includes clothing apparel but towels, bed sheets, and covers as well. To avoid getting wrinkles, make sure to hang or fold them.
- Vacuum and sweep the floors, the carpet, and the hard floors.
- On hard floor surfaces, use a mop and for hardwood floors use a dust mop.
- The surfaces that may bring about allergies, dust them once a week. Another advantage of dusting is that it protects surfaces from wearing and scratches.
- Clean the bathroom including the toilet bowl, the shower area, and mirrors once a week. For hygiene reasons, you can use disinfectants.
- Remove stale or unused foods from your refrigerators and freezers. In this way, you can save space get rid of germs from thriving. Wash the detachable parts and place them back.
Monthly and seasonal chores:
There is no need to do the monthly and seasonal chores frequently. It’s enough to do them once a month or once every season. However, you can also write them in order to remember all the chores. You can make a monthly and seasonal cleaning checklist with the help of template. Whether you can download it and use a cleaning calendar. Put it on the right place so that you are reminded when the right time comes along. You should also check the Building Maintenance Checklist Template.
How do you clean a house professionally?
Here are the tips that you should consider to clean your house professionally;
- Before every cleaning job, you should use basic cleaning checklists to plan.
- You should make sure before making your detailed house cleaning checklist that you have a shareable list of cleaning supplies that is used for every room and every type of job.
Here is a cleaning supply list that you must check;
- Vacuum cleaner
- Broom and dustpan
- Extendable duster
- Rubber gloves
- Spray bottle
- All-purpose cleaner
- Glass cleaner
- Wood cleaner
- Furniture polish
- Disinfectant for germ-prone areas
- Microfiber cloths
- Microfiber mop for wood floors
- Toilet brush
- Paper towels
- Garbage bags
- It would be better to make regular and deep cleaning checklists. Most people like to clean to deep clean their own homes. These types of checklists keep your crew consistent and efficient and you should also make sure that you always start from the top down.
Is it good to hire a house cleaning service?
If you have time and have a capability to detail like a professional then there is nothing wrong with cleaning your own house. Furthermore, you can hire a professional house cleaning service in case you are short on time. This can provide you time to spend with your family and socialize with your friends. You can pay more attention to your professional life.
In conclusion, a house cleaning checklist template is a useful tool that keeps your house well-organized. It lets the people know that on how to get things done and the task isn’t really that difficult. You should schedule cleaning on a regular basis. Do this in order to get rid from the accumulation of the chores and become too much and too frustrating.
Faqs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Does my house cleaner require insurance?
If you are using the services of a house cleaning agency/company then you should ensure that whether they have insurance cover or not. To resolve any complaints, most cleaning companies carry their insurance with them and other offers.
What are the charges of a cleaning service?
The average cost of a house cleaning service is around $100 to $200 for deeper cleans and for one-time visits, $400 or more. On average, the cost of hiring a housekeeper is around $75 to $250. However, the full-time maid/housekeepers charge around $1200 to $2500 per week.