A chore chart template is a list of household tasks that are required to be tracked and organized. There are several types of chore charts used for different purposes. However, the chore charts are also referred to as reward charts, chore calendars, chore checklist, behavior charts, and chore lists.
The chore charts can be physical or virtual. Moreover, the chore chart is mostly used by the parents to track and organize the chore of their kids.
However, people use different methods to organize and implement a chore system. The chore chart tacked on the refrigerator is the common way of using the chore chart. You may also like Index Card Template.
The categorized chore charts are also used by the parents. It includes the categories of chore related to kids and household work.
Table of Contents
- 1 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 2 What is meant by the chore chart?
- 3 What is the family chores system?
- 4 What chores have to be done on a daily basis?
- 5 How to make an effective chore chart for kids?
- 6 Why should kids do household chores?
- 7 Types of Chore Chart Template
- 8 Components of Chore Chart Template
- 9 How to Make a Chore Chart Template?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is meant by the chore chart?
A chore chart is a checklist that utilizes to track and arrange homework. It includes multiple charts such as reward charts, behavior charts, chore calendars, or task lists. It can be either handwritten or typed on a computer spreadsheet. A Chore chart is mostly used by parents to make chores expecting of their kids.
What is the family chores system?
A family chores system involves a family chore planner, a system to assign different tasks to each member of a family, and a system of oversight. In order to become a successful family, you have to divide up all your household chores and assuring each member takes responsibility for their personal ones.
What chores have to be done on a daily basis?
With the completion of daily home chores, you can keep your home neat and prevent spending a lot of time and effort cleaning the whole house at one time. There are specific household chores that should be completed every day of a week. Here is the list of those chores;
- Making your bed
- Sweeping floors
- Washing dishes
- Watering the plants
- Cleaning the garden
- Drain the trash
- Dusting the furniture
- Mopping the bathroom, and whatever you thought have to have done on a daily basis.
How to make an effective chore chart for kids?
To make an effective chore chart for your kids firstly you have to make a list of chores that are according to their age and that they want to do. Take an initiative with two-three chores so that they don’t feel a burden.
Then make a chart with four columns that are described below;
- Enter the chores with certain instructions not just saying, ‘’wipe the room’’, this sentence is full of interruption. You have to provide complete instructions that what things are included in wiping the room such as put clothes in the cupboard, take the utensils into the kitchen, put the books in the bag, keep the toys in the toy box, etc. For small kids, adding pictures in the chores would be interesting and engaging.
- Tell your kids that they are responsible for finishing the chores.
- Make a deadline.
- When the chore is completed appreciate your kids by giving them small prizes such as stars, stickers, etc.
Why should kids do household chores?
There are several reasons why children do household chores;
- Doing household chores teach your kids life skills because such skills are not taught by educational institutions. Laundry, cooking, and budgeting skills are much important that can be learning at home.
- It can make your kids responsible and self-reliant.
- While doing household chores your family members act as a team. Hence, it can develop strong teamwork skills that can be helpful in schools or in any workplace.
- Household chores assist you to develop time management skills and also improve your planning skills.
- It will create strong bonding between family members and also builds a strong work ethic. Household chores build special moments between little ones and adults.
Types of Chore Chart Template
There are several types of chore charts based on the category of work and frequency. Some chore charts are only concerned about household activities. Some focus on the cleaning activities while others enlist the chores for kids.
Similarly, chore charts are management on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. So, the common types of chore charts are:
- Kids Chore Chart
- Family Chore Chart
- Personal Chore Chart
- Room Chore Chart
- House Chore Chart
- Cleaning Chore Chart
These are types of charts can be made on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis such as:
- Kids Weekly Chore Chart
- Kids Daily Chore Chart
- Kids Monthly Chore Chart
Components of Chore Chart Template
The chore chart template is a document preformatted on the pattern of the chore chart. Although the template isn’t the same for all types of chore charts. However, a generic chore chart template must include the following elements for its effectiveness.
- Categories of Tasks
- List of Tasks
- Concerned Person Name
- Date / Week
A family chore chart enlists the chores of all the family members individually. A sharp border can be made on the chore chart to reflect the boundary of individual tasks. The first column of such a chore chart is the name of the family member followed by the list of tasks and calendars.
Similarly, chore charts for general tasks related to the household can be categorized as the morning, afternoon, evening, night, and weekend tasks. You should also check the Puzzle Piece Template.
How to Make a Chore Chart Template?
The creation of an effective chore chart is pretty simple. It can be created using an MS Excel tool that requires no professional skill of the tool. Moreover, it makes the customization and editing work comparatively easier for the newbies.
A most important aspect of the creation of a chore chart template is to define the approach for the collection of data. Therefore, several guidelines are provided by the professionals in this regard. You may also see Punch Card Template.
For the creation of a kid chore chart. It is advised to the parent to sit together and make a list of activities keeping in view the mental and physical health of their child.
However, the parents can seek the help of a consultant to make a list that positively contributes to the mental and physical growth of their child.
Moreover, the time and frequency of the tasks included in the kid chore chart must be defined after critical thinking as it’s equally important to ensure the effectiveness of the task.