Real estate agents use an open house sign-in sheet to collect contact information from attendees of an open house. This sheet enables them to track each visitor’s information so that they can spend more time and effort hosting.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is an open house sign-in sheet?
- 2 What are the different types of Open House Sign-in Sheet Templates?
- 3 What are the uses of an Open House Sign-in Sheet?
- 4 How can you Use Your Open House Sign-in Sheet to follow up?
- 5 The four types of open house sign-in sheets:
- 6 How to make an open house sign-in sheet for real estate?
- 7 How to get your open house sign-in sheet filled?
- 7.1 You have to be honest with your intentions while speaking with customers
- 7.2 Indicate to the customers what the details would be used for
- 7.3 For your customers, include an option to opt out in case they are really uninterested
- 7.4 Don’t hesitate while asking for the information you need
- 7.5 Location is key
- 7.6 Keep them interested
- 8 Faqs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- 9 What is the meaning of open house sign-in sheet?
What is an open house sign-in sheet?
An open house sign-in sheet is a document used by the owner of a property or a real estate agent to record the basic contact details of those attending the open house. The sign-in sheets may vary depending on your audience and the type of information you want to gather. Your sign-in sheet should be well-drafted if you want a successful real estate event.
What are the different types of Open House Sign-in Sheet Templates?
There are three different types of templates that will help you start building your own open house sign-in sheet template;
The Basic Template:
If you need just basic information about the customers for an open house then print out a basic template. This template contains information such as the customer’s name, address, contact number, and email address.
The Basic Plus a Simple Survey:
Likewise, basic template it also contains the basic information about the customer plus a survey that helps the agent to find the answers to the most basic questions generally asked by potential leads.
The Detailed Template:
If you want this type of template then you have to make a detailed format such as a questionnaire. You have to provide the customers with a couple of multiple-choice queries that will provide you helpful information on the customer’s preferences and their present situation.
What are the uses of an Open House Sign-in Sheet?
There are several uses of an open house sign-in sheet;
- As long as real estate agents follow up on the leads by using the contact information on the sign-in sheets they can boost their sales or getting new clients.
- The information on it is also used as a tool for marketing.
- When you become able to contact the potential leads on the sheet then by using the experience and expertise you make a grand impression on all the things related to real estate. By doing this, you can convince your client to work with you.
- By having a comprehensive real estate sign-in sheet that the customers will be willing to fill in, you can be able to learn a great deal about your potential clients.
- With the help of the information you have gathered in the sheets, you can become a more efficient real estate agent.
How can you Use Your Open House Sign-in Sheet to follow up?
Below are a few things you can do for follow-up;
- Firstly, arrange the contact list and insert all the information in CRM (customer relationship management) software. Some CRM software contains presets group that will remind you to follow up on your leads.
- Next, the day after the open house contact your leads through email. Moreover, you can ask them how you can help them with their home-buying needs. During the open house, if you had personally spoken to them, then you can also personalize your message to them.
- You can also contact them through a phone call if your leads don’t respond through email for a certain number of days.
- Prepare the report about the open house. The report includes the number of people who attended the open house, the feedback about the house, and other relevant information.
The four types of open house sign-in sheets:
Basic information open house sign-in sheet
This type of sign-in sheet is titled ‘Sign-in-Sheet’ along with the address of the property. This allows the open house visitors to easily find and complete the form. At the same address, if you are conducting multiple open houses then don’t forget to include the date for your own reference. However, the most important information to ask is attendee’s;
- Contact number
- Email address
Physical address sign-in sheet
Likewise the basic sign-in sheet for open houses, this sign-in sheet gathers physical address information but also has space to enter the mailing address of the visitors. Some clients may not want to share such details but if they provide it, it can be helpful for your business. With the help of this information, you can determine their current live-in location. Also, it lets the agents know whether they are current homeowners or are renting.
Sign-in sheet with detailed Questionnaire
Along with the basic and physical address information, this sign-in sheet contains detailed questions about the visitor’s home search. It may include questions about visitors;
- Prequalification status
- Properties they are interested in
- Preferred method of contact
- Property feedback and more
Furthermore, you can get more insight into your visitors by adding additional screening questions to your open house sign-ins. This also enables you to tailor your marketing strategy to their requirements.
Digital sign-in sheet
A digital sign-in sheet has a lot of benefits that paper sign-in sheets do not. After open house events, you don’t have to manually add contacts as it can integrate with your CRM. You can customize them easily for each event. They also have the ability to mark question fields as required or optional due to the added technology.
How to make an open house sign-in sheet for real estate?
Here are the steps to create an open house sign-in sheet;
Create a blank document sheet
First, open an MS Word or a spreadsheet application program to prepare a blank document. After making the sheet in either of the two formats, convert it to PDF format. In addition, customize the margins and the document layout as per the preferences of the real estate agency.
Place a header
The name of the organization or the real estate agency along with their logo should be placed in the header. Make sure that the color of the header is minimal. In case, a banner will be placed then its design components must be according to the look of the rest of the contents.
For the name of the agent, insert a data entry field
It is important to specify the name of the agent in the sheet to indicate whom the agency’s clients have contacted and negotiated with.
Insert a table
Insert a table consisting of four columns and a minimum number of ten rows. The name and the number of the client will be placed in the first column. In the second column, enter the client’s email address and the client’s phone number in the third column. In the last column of the table, are the agent’s remarks.
Save the sheet
When you have done the above steps, save the sheet with a file name that can be distinguished immediately.
How to get your open house sign-in sheet filled?
Consider the following tips to get better results;
You have to be honest with your intentions while speaking with customers
Be honest about your intentions when you are convincing the customers at the open house to fill up your sheet with correct information. When people feel they are speaking to someone with less than honorable intentions, they are typically reluctant to give information. Moreover, they identify phony conversations from a mile away.
You should tell them everything clearly so that know that you are genuinely trying to help them with their real estate requirements. They may start trusting you and feel comfortable providing their information if you are able to give the impression that you’re concerned about them.
Indicate to the customers what the details would be used for
Show the customers what their contact information will be used for in order to soothe your customer’s fears. Customers will be less hesitant in giving out their information when they know that the information they fill in won’t be misused in any way. At that moment, you can give them a good impression.
For your customers, include an option to opt out in case they are really uninterested
When you include this in your sheet, it provides your customer the sense that you won’t be harassing them frequently. As a real estate agent, this would also add to your credibility and reputation. This also makes it clear that you are truly willing to help interested people out.
Don’t hesitate while asking for the information you need
Always ask your customers to fill out your sign-in sheet whenever you encounter them at an open house. If they don’t sign, it doesn’t indicate that they don’t want. Sometimes they might not know that they have to fill up this sheet which can help them with their home-buying process.
Location is key
You should always locate your sheet by the entrance of the home. On top of the sheet, place an attention-grabbing sign in order to call out to the customers. To grab the interest of the people who are attending the open house, you can think of some cool wordings.
Keep them interested
There are various ways to keep customers interested. Before giving them the tour of the house, you can ask them to fill in the sheet first. When the customer is filling out the sheet, keep the conversation going. You must be friendly while dealing with potential clients.
Faqs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the meaning of open house sign-in sheet?
An open house sign in sheet enables the real estate agent to collect the basic contact information of those people who are attending the open house. The contact information is requested on a direct means of contact either through a phone number or an email address.