The employee vacation request form template is a document that employees use to request time off for certain days. How the vacation request form will be used and what’s the approval process is? All such questions are answered in the human resource policy of the company.
Thus, the use of the employee vacation request form is important for many reasons. It works to update and verify the leave record of the employee. Also, the employee can use it to indicate any mistake in the leave balance. Like if someone has request 10 paid time offs while the time officer has updated the record as unpaid time offs. The employee will be having a copy of the vacation request form to highlight the mistake. You may also like the employee training schedule template.
Moreover, it’s beneficial for the HR and accounts department to make sure that the vacation request of the employee has been approved by his line manager. Thus, the time officer can simply update the employee vacation record as per the approval category and days.
Further, the vacation request form can also be used to resolve any unpleasant dispute between the supervisor and the employee. So, in case a supervisor forgets about the approved vacation days of the subordinate. The employee can share the approved vacation request form to resolve the matter.
Importance of Employee Vacation Request Form Template
There are several reasons for using an employee vacation request form template. It’s not any redundant practice and has several benefits. The following are the key benefits of a vacation request form to reflect its importance:
- The employee uses a vacation request form to get the approval of the supervisor on the request time offs.
- It helps the time officer to maintain and verify the leave record of the employee.
- It defines the category of leave being requested by the employee.
- The employee can verify the leave balance prepared by the time officer with the collection of vacation request forms.
- The vacation request forms include alternative dates of vacations if any.
- Most importantly, it may include the detail of a person who will look after the responsibilities and business tasks of the person during vacation days with manager approval. You should also check the Two Weeks Notice Letters & Resignation Templates.
Components of Employee Vacation Request Form Template
A vacation request form is created as per the human resource policy of the company. However, it’s important to understand that it must include all the information to achieve the assumed application of the vacation request form.
So, a simple and very effective vacation request form must include the following information:
- Name of the Employee
- Employee ID
- Name of the Manager
- Type of the Vacation
- Number of Days
- From Date to Date
- Paid or Unpaid
- Detailed Description (if any)
- Alternative Vacation Dates (if any)
- Date and Signature of the Employee
- Date and Signature of the Supervisor/Manager
Moreover, it depends on the employee designation on how the employee vacation request form template will be printed. If a high designation employee is requesting a long vacation, the company may choose to print the vacation request forms on the company letterhead. However, it depends on the employee policy.