The creative brief template is a short document used by creative professionals to assist the teams in the development of creative material. Creative materials usually include creative deliverables of all types, creative visual design, advertising campaigns, websites, slogans, and filmmaking.
This document is usually developed by the person who is requesting the services of a creative team. So, it is consulted and approved by the team of creative professionals such as graphic designers, creative content writers, and project managers. You may also like Gap Analysis Template.
The creative brief is usually not such as lengthy documents. I mostly consist of a maximum of two pages. The directions are set, the audience is defined, focus on the key message, and the goals are clearly defined.
The creative brief template is a critical part of the project communication phase. It is important to understand that the creative brief must be aligned with the communication strategy of the project.
Table of Contents
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is a creative brief?
- How to write a brilliant creative brief?
- What do you include in a creative brief?
- Why is it important to write a creative brief?
- What must include in a design brief?
- What is the Significance of the Creative Brief Template?
- Elements of Creative Brief Template
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is a creative brief?
How to write a brilliant creative brief?
Let us discuss in detail how to write a brilliant creative brief;
- At first, before creating your brief you should know why this project has to be done. By thinking about the benefit and audience develop the purpose of a brief.
- Secondly, identify clear and specific objectives and challenges. Here you have to include a precise paragraph on the brand challenges that you are going to solve. This step clearly explains why this project needs to happen.
- Then, you should also include the description of your target audience. For effective deliverables, you must know who the materials are. However, it is a huge part of your brief.
- Next, you should also know about what your competitors are doing. You should use competitive data to present those ideas that they haven’t tried yet and learn from their drawbacks.
- When the project is completed ensures that your audience actually sees it. Inform about those channels or platforms from where you will announce the launch on.
- You can also organize your creative brief with a template. You can download templates from the internet or you can also make them by yourself.
- Once you have organized a creative brief, distribute it with the team you are working with.
What do you include in a creative brief?
You have to include the following things in a creative brief;
- A brief brand statement
- Explain the campaign’s background and objectives
- Key challenges that you have to resolve
- Target audience
- Chief competitors
- A short statement that describes your brand’s or product’s values and marketing positioning.
- Platform or communication channel where the campaign will run.
Why is it important to write a creative brief?
Writing a creative brief is important because it provides you various benefits;
- The first and foremost benefit of a creative brief is that it allows you to gather all project participants on the same page.
- It provides synthesizing key information in one place. It also informs you what you don’t know.
- A creative brief is more than just a database because it compiles several bits of information.
- Moreover, it communicates with your overarching responsibility such as messaging.
- It provides you inspiration and allows your project’s participants generate brainstorm ideas.
- The creative media strategy aligns the client’s budget and expectations.
What must include in a design brief?
A design brief must contain an overview of the client’s business because in this way project participants are familiar with your client, their brand, and any internal factors that can affect the success of the project.
What is the Significance of the Creative Brief Template?
The creative brief document works as a medium to clarify the expectations of a project between the project team the potential stakeholders of a project. It avoids the negligence of missing important deadlines and saves a lot of time.
In projects, it enlists what are the objectives and goals of the project, and how these will be achieved?
It must enlist all the important elements of a creative campaign and the following are the reasons to create it.
- It helps to ensure that all the messages related to creative material are on-brand.
- It allows the creative team to think broadly about the product, brand, or business.
- It acts as a starting point for brainstorming.
- It clarifies the expectations, objectives, and goals.
- Works as a document to provide quick understanding to third-party contributors.
- It brings the creative team and the potential stakeholders on the same page. So, the risk of conflicts gets minimized. You should also check the Chore Chart Template.
Elements of Creative Brief Template
There are several formats of a creative brief template. It depends on the type of business or project and the details in hand. However, it is no more than 2 pages and developed in simple jargon to avoid any confusion among the readers.
There are five important aspects of a creative brief campaign. It is important to briefly understand each so a good creative brief can be created.
In the product section, many questions are answered about the product’s nature, use, features, price, and advertisement.
In the business section, the relationship between the business brand and the product is explained. Although, many products don’t have any rigid relation with brand loyalty.
Therefore, the business needs to provide quality service and a good experience to the clients for each of their products. Otherwise, the customers will hesitate to buy even the best product of the business due to the bad reputation of some other product.
The market section of the creative brief template focus on competitors, the context of the campaign, and the category. Similarly, the most important asset of a brand is its customers. A deep understanding of the target market, their needs, and their tastes are very important.
Moreover, the goals, objectives, message, and audience of the campaign are described briefly in the campaign section.