A social security card template contains a nine-digit Social Security number along with other important information. This number will receive by every citizen of America or a permanent resident in the US. With the Social Security Agency, this will make your first and constant connection.
Table of Contents
How can you receive a free Social Security card?
When looking for a job, employers usually require a Social Security number. You require this in order to take social security benefits and other government services. Moreover, keep your social security card in a secure place.
You have to submit original documents or copies certified by the agencies to receive your own card. Keep in mind that notarized copies or photocopies aren’t acceptable. Also, you don’t have to submit expired documents; all of them still have validity. You need the following documents; You may also like Press Release Templates.
Specific documents like a US passport or a US birth certificate get accepted as proof of US citizenship.
Birth certificate is mandatory; if you don’t have it then you can submit the following documents in place of a birth certificate;
- US passport
- A religious record made before you reached at the age of 5
- Your US hospital birth record
If you don’t have number and you are over 12:
For an in-person interview, if a person’s age is 12 and above request a social security number to show up. You have to provide proof if you fall in this category. Your proof must demonstrate that you don’t have a number yet. Below are the documents you can present as prove;
If you lived outside the US;
- A previous or current passport
- Employment or school records
- Other records that indicate your long-term residence outside the US
If you lived in the US;
- Information about the schools you attended
- The copies of tax record that indicate you haven’t received a Social Security number.
Specific documents that have validity and include your name and other analyzing details such as date of birth or age, and a recent picture get accepted as proof of identity. You may submit the following documents as proof of identity;
- US passport
- US driver’s license
- Non-driver identification card
In the absence of these documents, the Social Security agency may ask you to submit other documents. These may include;
- US military identification card
- School identification card
- Employee identification card
- Excepted health insurance card for a Medicare card
How to replace or change your Social Security card?
In case, you lose your card or you want some changes on it then you have to apply for a new social security card. You can do this by following ways;
- Present one document as proof of your identity in order to apply for a replacement card.
- If you are born outside the US then to prove your US citizenship legal, current, or work-authorized status you should present other documents.
- In order to make changes on your social security card you have to present document that will prove your identity, support the modifications you want to make, and develop your reason for making the modifications. You should also check Punch Card Template.
Can I print my own Social Security card?
It is a legal government document. You can’t print your own blank social security card but you can print a temporary one. In case, you lost your card then for all official purposes, you can apply for a temporary replacement as a placeholder. Bear in mind that temporary social security card only valid for 30 days. In this enough time, you can apply for a new one. After receiving your new card, you can get rid of temporary one and then you can use the new card right away.
Furthermore, you can receive a replacement for free if you lost your Social Security card. For this, you just have to take SS-5 application form by the Social Security agency and fill out it. You can also easily fill out it at home or at office. Since the Social Security office is usually busy, this form surely saves a lot of your time. However, you can get your new card by following ways;
- You can apply for it online and within 10 tens you can receive the card to your address by social security office.
- Go to the field office and apply for it in person and you can receive the card within the day.
Here are some steps you can follow while applying for a new card;
- For a new card, during filling the application form, give some basic information including documents that prove your age and identity.
- In the application form, fill all of the blank fields and give necessary documentation. If you don’t follow this requirement, your application may be rejected. Affixing your signature in the form is also necessary. In case of younger kid, a guardian or parent can affix their signature.
- You must submit relevant documentation as evidence in order to make changes of information like your name or marital status. Also, provide reason that why you want these changes.
- The next step is submitting the application form whether online or visit the Social Security office in person. You have to go to the office to obtain a temporary printout within the day. Due to security reasons, the government never allows you to print your official card yourself from the website.
- While working at a company, if you want to apply for a temporary SSN then you have to replace it with a new Social Security Number in your IRS paperwork as well as with your company’s payroll system.
In conclusion, a social security card template contains a 9 digit number along with other information and this number is received by the citizens of America to report their wages to the government and identify their eligibility for Social Security benefits. It is also a requirement to work and receive government services.