For every company, a catalog template is a very important need. It is the most effective sale tool in the market as it enlists all the available goods. A catalog lists important product details that help buyers make a purchase decision. In addition, these details contain product features, descriptions, availability, customer reviews, and much more. Also, you should use catalog templates to make an impressive, user-friendly, and eye-catching catalog.
Table of Contents
Different types of catalog templates:
The most common types of catalog templates are;
Supply catalog template:
This type of template is used in various business-to-business relationships. Companies use it to sell items or services to customers and other businesses. The supply catalog usually includes;
- Products and their respective item numbers
- Contact information,
- Shipping information,
- Minimum orders and any other detailed specifications regarding the product.
Moreover, you can also insert pictures to help customers make their choices easily. While designing this catalog, bear one thing in mind that doesn’t make it look too fancy. Always design the catalog with efficient product organization so that the customers can easily find what they are searching for. You may also like Free Printable Packing List Template.
Retail catalog template:
The retail catalog template is used to design a catalog in which products or services would cater directly to the public. So, to grab the client’s attention, its design becomes crucial. You should use an ‘IT’ or a ‘WOW’ factor to achieve this. Insert high-quality images of your products or services on each page professionally. This will surely impress clients into buying. In addition, pay special attention to the essential areas or hot spots of your catalog; they will assist you in selling your services and products.
Digital catalog template:
Due to the advancement of technology, it’s become essential to use digital catalogs in this current era. If you have a digital catalog for your products, it becomes easier for clients to avail products or services. However, you can also send it to your clients via email. With this, you can also attach an option for online purchasing. Clients can also order products from you more conveniently any time and even in the comforts of their own homes.
Basic components of a catalog:
Creating your own catalog template isn’t difficult. You just have to do some research by going through different samples of catalogs. Then, note down all the important features present in all of them. When designing a catalog, you can use the below-mentioned components as a guide;
- Both front and back covers
- Table of contents
- Product pages as well as product descriptions
- Different themes and section separators
- Advertising section for the promotion of other businesses.
How to create your own catalog template?
Here are some tips that will help you in creating a catalog template for your business;
At first, gather product information. When making choice before purchasing the product, information related to products usually helps the clients. Also, when clients open the catalog, the first thing they may notice is product information. Before making a decision to buy, they can know about the product with the help of images and text.
The next step is to gather the product images. It is also the first thing that customers may notice. Therefore, make sure that your pictures are clearly showcasing your product’s features. You should hire a professional photographer who can do this for you. However, it can be expensive but it will be all worth it.
After collecting the information and images of your products, it’s time to create the layout of the catalog’s different sections. Moreover, you should hire a professional graphic designer, if you don’t have any experience in this field.
Next, use those design elements and style trends that can capture the reader’s attention. Consider the popular design styles such as still-life photos or images, vibrant colors, and illustrative photos.
Look for a professional catalog printing company that offers wholesale printing of catalogs. Have a look at their past quality works to ensure that they will deliver a catalog that will be well-made. Furthermore, ask a designer to include a quiet area of ¼ inches and a bleed area of 1/8 inches. After completing the layout, recheck it to make sure that all the images you have included in the catalog have a high resolution.
In the end, before going to send the final design of the catalog for printing, ensure that you have ordered the pages correctly in one file. To deliver the final product, you should give your printer enough time.
Benefits of catalogs:
Catalogs provide you many benefits, some of them are;
- It is impossible to memorize the technical information and features of products. The catalogs enable you to provide clean information about your product.
- When all information is available to customers efficiently then it can reduce clogs within the business cycle.
- Catalogs also help businesses to improve conversion rates. By having all the data, it becomes easier for the customers to make decisions and buys products more efficiently.
- They are useful tools to promote the company’s brand. Using unique things and a call to action can make your brand able to stand apart from the rest.
- Having information in a PDF or a webpage enhances the client’s experience.
- Moreover, with the help of a digital catalog, there is no need to train and onboard salespeople, partners, retailers, and other users. Between internal and external stakeholders, it helps in a smooth flow of information from origin to the final destination. You should also check Free Cover Page Templates for (Academic, Business, Annual & Report).
In conclusion, catalog templates have unique designs having useful and exclusive features and serves as a big requirement for companies. Catalogs are essential documents so they should be organized and managed to ensure higher utility. This document is useful for both the buyer and the company. With the help of catalogs, buyers can make decisions quickly. Most importantly, marketers must include the information that buyers want to know about a product.