To write an efficient authorization letter you may need an authorization letter sample. Basically, it’s a document that acts as proof that a person gives permission to another person to perform a specific action. For example, permission slips for a school trip. By filling and signing this slip, parents allow the school to take their child outside school boundaries.
Table of Contents
- 1 Different types of authorization letter samples:
- 1.1 Authorization letter sample for claiming:
- 1.2 Authorization letter sample to act on behalf:
- 1.3 Authorization letter sample to collect documents from office:
- 1.4 Authorization letter sample to process documents:
- 1.5 Authorization letter sample for the bank:
- 1.6 Authorization letter sample for medical treatment:
- 2 How many parties are involved in an authorization letter?
- 3 Format of an authorization letter:
- 4 Importance of authorization letter:
- 5 Writing a letter of authorization:
- 6 Conclusion:
This document helps an individual to create an authorization letter for claiming important documents on his behalf for properties. For instance, if a person is not able to collect his important documents then he can create an authorization letter to inform his wife or friend to collect all the documents and do some signatures on his behalf.
To act on behalf authorization letter is needed to perform actions on behalf of someone. When someone is on vacation or not present then he selects an individual which is his representative and he has to do everything that a person stated in the letter.
This type of authorization letter is brief and to the point. However, it is a legal document so it should be followed a business block letter format. All the sections are on the left side, single-spaced, and double-spaced in between sections. Also, mention all the important information such as names and dates.
Sometimes in life there comes a time when you may need someone to process important documents on your behalf. As it is a legal document so it must be formatted properly and to the point follow business block letter format. Moreover, in this letter, you are allowing someone to handle and sign documents on your behalf.
You can use this letter for various purposes such as for personal records, to handle financial and real estate documents, etc.
The bank authorization letter is used to inform an individual about the bank-related tasks in the absence of someone due to some reason.
A medical treatment authorization letter enables you to allow someone to take medical treatment for yourself, a child, or anyone in the letter. During composing this letter you should consider some points;
- At first, the letter must be precise and easy to understand.
- All the important points should be mentioned in a letter.
- Don’t write the letter out by hand.
- The letter should be formatted in block business style so that all the information orderly manner.
- Furthermore, you should also include all important medical information such as insurance carrier, allergies, or medications.
After completing your letter, proofread it for errors and notarized it. After that, give the letter to the appointed person and also keep a copy for your own records.
Other types of authorization letter sample are;
- Authorization letter to pick up.
- Authorization letter for signatures
- Financial authorization letter sample and much more.
Commonly, there are three parties involved in an authorization letter;
The 1st party involved in the letter is the rightful owner, which is basically the writer of the letter.
The second party involved in the letter is the institution or organization.
The third party involved in the letter is the person who is appointed as the proxy. It is the person who performs a specific action on behalf of the rights owner.
The second party in the letter explains the rights for the third party acting as the proxy in the absence of 1st party. However, if you don’t know the second party then it’s better to write ‘to whom it may concern’ to address 2nd unknown party.
Once in a life you may not able to attend to a certain situation then you need an authorization letter. Therefore, it is important for you to learn how to format an authorization letter. Let us discuss how to format it;
- At the top-left corner of the letter include name, address, and date.
- Next, include the name and address of the receipt.
- After that, include salutations that start with Dear, Mr/Mrs, or ‘to whom it may concern.
- The paragraphs are not too long and the body of the letter is single-spaced.
- At the end, the letter will conclude sincerely and has a handwritten signature and name of the 1st party.
- The letter should be written in a formal tone and provide correct information.
- An authorization letter has great importance in the business for carrying out different business activities.
- In schools, children need permission to go on a school trip in the form of an authorization letter.
- When you can’t go bank to sign important documents then you can send someone on your behalf to carry out the task.
- It helps people to collect medical records on behalf of someone.
- If a university student has moved abroad and may need some important documents from a particular place then you can send someone on your behalf to collect those documents.
- Furthermore, this letter is very helpful in dealing with property matters. When you are not in a city and it is necessary to sign an important document then you can appoint a representative on your behalf to sign the important matters.
Let us discuss step-by-step how to write a letter of authorization;
On the top left side, write your name and address
You have to follow the standard format of the business letter for writing an authorization letter. On the top left-hand side of the page, write the first line of the authorization letter. In the first line, write your name, and write about your street information in the second line. The last line contains the name of your city, state, and ZIP code. Ensure that all lines are single-spaced.
Specify the date
After writing the above information, skip one line and write the current date on the next line. Don’t write the date in a shortened form, you should always write the full date like February 20, 2023.
Mention the name and address of the receipt
Leave one line space after writing the date and then write the name and address of the recipient. You have to mention all the information of the recipient in the same way as you wrote all your information. The letter must always be addressed to the second party as you are granting authority to someone to act on your behalf.
Write the salutation
When you have completed the letterhead, write the body of the authorization letter. Use appropriate titles to write the salutation like Mr., Mrs., Ms., and Dr. Never use the first name of the person to whom the letter is addressed always write their full name. If you don’t know their name, you can also write To Whom It May Concern in the salutation.
Indicate duties, reasons, and dates
Here, you have to indicate the duties and particular information regarding the authorization you are granting to the other party. To reduce the level of conflicting interpretations, keep this part precise, concrete, and short. In addition, you need to give a reason why you require a representative to act on your behalf. Specify the starting and ending dates when the other party has been authorized to perform specific actions.
Finalize the letter
Use words like sincerely thankfully, etc. to close the letter of authorization professionally. Next, for a handwritten signature, leave four lines and then mention your full name just below your signature.
In conclusion, an authorization letter sample is required for various purposes and very helpful for your clients. It acts as a very helpful guideline in protecting the business, its employees, and its clients. Moreover, it is used in different fields especially in business and bank-related work. An authorization letter acts as evidence that someone performs a certain action on someone else’s behalf.