Every person has to do a lot of tasks daily. Whether those are related to professional work or daily life household activities. When a lot of tasks are running time and one can’t afford to miss anything. The To Do list template comes into action to manage the tasks effectively.
There are different types of to do list templates. It depends on the use of the template. If a person wants to use a template for personal activities. It will include a different set of components while for professional work a different set of elements are included on the to-do list.
The to-do list is often very specific to the tasks. However, the basic purpose of all to-do lists is to help the person remember and track the progress of a certain task.
To-do lists sometimes work as tracking sheets while sometimes their purpose is to just ensure that no activity should get ignored and dropped out of the list. You may also like the Maintenance Checklist Template.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
A To Do list is a list of tasks that you require to complete or the things that you want to do. Most commonly, they are arranged in order of priority. Typically, they are written on a piece of paper and acts as a memory aid. In this current era, you can create to-do lists with excel spreadsheets, word documents, email lists, to-do list apps, etc. A to-do list can be used in your home, personal life, or in the workplace.
There are some tips that will help you how to create a perfect to-do list;
- Firstly, don’t overload yourself with to-dos. Be realistic when writing out your to-do list and only write down those tasks that you plan to complete that day.
- Secondly, you should use if-then planning. Psychology suggests you should use if-then planning if you want to create actionable and detailed to-do lists. This thing not only assists you to figure out what you need to do but also when and where you will do it.
- Thirdly, divide your list into parts. This is because with several things on your mind it may difficult to cut through the noise and prioritize what needs to get done.
- Next, use the SUG method which means seriousness, urgency, and growth.
- Most importantly, mark your most important tasks.
- Make a done list. It contains a list of every small task and achievement from the day.
Here are some effective ways to organize your to-do list;
- At first, compile all the things you need to do like apps, calendars, planners, etc. Then, select a list-making method that works with your life, whether it involves a Smartphone, computer, etc.
- The night before or every morning list the tasks that have to be done the coming day. You may use a daily checklist to schedule tasks.
- Write down the tasks in order from most to least urgent.
- Make separate to-do lists for various categories such as shopping, cleaning, topics to search, and so on. Other options are short-term or long-term list.
- Then, think baby steps. Don’t enter plan vacation on a list.
- This step is not organizing but it might be the most important one. After making your list, don’t forget to look at it.
Most importantly, using a to-do list helps you to stay organized. It looks manageable when you write all your tasks in a list. When you received a clear outline of the tasks you have got to do and completed then it assists you to stay focused.
When you complete your task you can remove it from your list. This gives you a sense of progress and motivation. Hence, a sense of progress motivates you to keep moving forward.
In short, using a to-do list helps you in three ways;
- Improves your memory
- Increases productivity
- Helps with encouragement
Types of To-Do List Excel Templates:
There are many types of to-do lists. These are lists categorized on different bases like for personal use, professional use, hobbies, and task-specific.
So, a to-do list isn’t always a list of different tasks. It can be the same task on repetition, or the nature of the task can be the same. Like the book reader may maintain a log of the book reading and wish list. The wish list for reading books is a type of to-do list. In which the reader states the names of books or certain topics he wants to read about. Thus, if a proper schedule plan for reading those described books is given. It works as a very effective to-do list for the reader.
Similarly, someone is going on shopping and having a list in hand for what to shop for. Like grocery shopping list. The grocery shopping list is also a to-do list as it helps the reader to understand what to do next and what has been done.
So, mostly the to-do lists are generated using MS Office Suite tools like MS Excel or Word. Although, Excel provides better control over the listing and tabular features. Thus, many users prefer to use excel-based to do list templates.
However, nowadays many online platforms are providing free service to generate customized to-do lists with just a few clicks. So, the trend of users shifting towards using online platforms to generate to-do lists for daily and business needs.
So, the most common type of to-do lists we use in our daily life includes:
- Family To-Do List
- Weekly To-Do List
- Children Chore Chart
- Grocery Shopping List
- Reading Wish List
Components of To-Do List Template:
As there are many types of to-do lists. So, each list usually includes a different set of information. However, a basic list of elements can be generated to include in the to-do list to make it useful. You should also check the Inventory List Template.
Thus, the to-do list must information such as the description of the task, who is responsible, the priority of the task, due date, and the status of the task. Further, the schedule of doing a certain task can be included such as chore charts have calendar features.