Shipping goods from one place to another via any mean of transportation require essential documentation for information and security purposes. What is the shipping label template? How they are useful? What are the various types of shipping labels and how these are created? These questions will be briefly answered in this informative article.
These shipping labels are a type of identifications used to present several types of information about the goods under transition from one place to another. These labels are useful in a number of ways and types of shipping labels totally depend on the mean of transportation, nature of goods, and industry norms. You may also like maintenance checklist templates.
Table of Contents
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the shipping label?
Shipping labels are those pieces of key information for a carrier to transport a package from their start destination to its end destination. This key information involves postal code, country, tracking number, date, package quantity, and Ship Street, city, and state. Ship labels can define the contents, especially if they are for international shipments.
Every label is unique and you can’t use old labels again. A new label should make for each delivery.
How do you create a prepaid FedEx shipping label?
Below are the steps to create a prepaid shipping label with FedEx;
Step#1: Firstly, sign in to your FedEx account. If you don’t have a FedEx account then register online.
Step#2: After signing in, click on ‘create shipment’ in the shipping tab.
Step#3: Select ‘prepare shipment’ in the FedEx ship manager. Then, click on ‘create return shipment’.
Step#4: Next, enter your business and customer’s information in the return package.
Step#5: According to your need, select the return label type from the available options.
Step#6: Then, select your preferred return shipping method in the Select Package Type.
Step#7: Define the Package type either it’s a box, tube, or envelope.
Step#8: Take a view of your billing information and then confirm it.
Step#9: Also, take a view of the shipping information and confirm it. Then, click on the ‘Ship Button’ to complete the process.
What should you include on a shipping label?
The following information you have to include on a shipping label.
- Postal code
- Country name
- Tracking number
- Package quantity
- Shipping barcode
- Shipping class.
- City and state name.
How do you create shipping labels?
During order processing, shipping labels are usually created. Creating your own template and fill out a label by hand isn’t possible. You have to follow the carrier requirements for creating a shipping label. You can either visit the local post office to purchase a label there or arrange the label on your own.
Buying labels from the local post office will be expensive.
On the other hand, creating your own shipping labels is more beneficial. This is because it contains discounts on postage and scheduling package pickups rather than having to wait at the office. Let us discuss how you can arrange your own shipping labels;
- You can create your labels online by using the carrier’s online tools. Every carrier contains its own online tool where you can make shipping labels that fit their certain requirements. You should visit their website and fill out the label template. And, then download the filled template for print out.
- Another method, you can use is shipping labels software. It enables you to download the carrier shipping label template and fill out it locally on your computer. It will also enable you to customize the process and has the ability to work offline.
- The last method is to automatically gather order information from various platforms and carriers to fill in forms speedily and efficiently with a shipping tool. An efficient tool will directly connect with the store, collect the order information that is needed for the shipping label, and then automatically create a label in an exact template.
How to create simple Shipping Labels Template?
Keep in view the importance and uses of shipping labels. It’s really important to make a label that presents clear information in minimum possible words.
Shipping labels help in the identification of package origin and destination. It helps to identify the nature of products including weight, fragility, and sensitivity. These are also used to identify the products. Here are few simple steps to make a simple shipping label template word file including shipping package label template, product shipping label template, and precautionary label template. You may also check the punch card template.
- To make package shipping labels, write down the information such as attentions, addresses, and phone numbers for origin and destination respectively.
- Make a table to present product information such as product name, a basic parameter for identification, and gross weight.
- Add tracking numbers and codes for shipping tracking purposes.
- Make a round circle or rectangle and add the product name, and metrics parameter inside to make a simple product shipping label.
- Precautionary labels are also made using simple graphical shapes.
- As a border and having an icon of the precaution inside such as broken glass to show the fragile nature of the product.
- These templates are universal and easily available on the internet.
Shipping labels are looks like a tiny piece of paper or sticker, but it serves a vital purpose to present information about the origin and destination of the packages.
These labels are understandable by humans as well as sensors such as bar code readers. Packages without shipping labels are considered as lost packages that are mishandled and will ultimately bring bad customer experience to brand loyalty.
Types of Shipping Label Templates
There are a variety of shipping labels used to serve a different purpose. Such as informative shipping labels that present detailed information about the source and the destination such as names, addresses, phone numbers, items detail, gross weight of the package, courier category, shipment tracking number, and codes for scanners. These shipping labels are also known as address label templates or mailing label templates.
There are some products specific shipping labels as well that allows the buyer to identify the different products that apparently look similar. For example, in the yarn or fabric industry. Different count yarn apparently looks the same. Yarn suppliers use product identification labels on the cartons or pallets to help their buyers identify what parameters yarn is inside those. You may also see business memo templates.
Similarly, precautionary labels are also used on the shipment packing to help the forwarder and carrier staff understand the nature of the product either it is fragile, not to tilt, to keep dry and etc.