A brochure template is an important part of traditional printed marketing collateral. In devising a successful marketing campaign, a brochure is a useful tool. They contain captivating visual effects that grab your attention. Moreover, they carry a lot of information which convey the entire idea to the reader.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a business brochure?
- 2 The significance of brochures for marketing:
- 3 Different types of brochure templates:
- 4 What should be included in a brochure?
- 5 How to create a brochure?
- 6 How to create a Travel brochure?
- 7 The purpose of a brochure:
- 8 Conclusion:
What is a business brochure?
A business brochure is a promotional and framed printed medium containing details and visuals regarding a brand. For attracting new leads and converting them into customers, companies make brochures and distribute it to their target audience.
The significance of brochures for marketing:
Let us discuss below the significance of brochures for marketing;
- Unlike emails and websites, brochures can be accessed anywhere and anytime as they are printed.
- They are one of the efficient ways to make leads for the sales team and interact with the customers.
- They ate cost effective as their printing services are cheaper.
- For marketing any type of product and service, brochures can be used easily. This is because they contain versatile information.
- You can use them for different promotional purposes. They can be distributed at the gates of schools.
- It includes all kinds of images, content and other information that creates brochures an interesting combo for the readers.
- As compared to product advertisements, they are both effective and pocket friendly. Also, the advertisement on TV is very expensive.
- They are more effective for them who work on a tight marketing budget.
- Brochures have the ability to turn your potential customers into active users of the product.
Different types of brochure templates:
Here are some popular folds used by companies in their brochures;
The half-fold brochure is simpler to form and work exactly like a book opens and closes. For event programs, product sheets, handouts, takeout menus and other purposes of a similar nature, this type of brochure is used. They are varying in sizes including;
- 11” x 17” half fold
- 8.5” x 14” half fold
- 8.5” x 11” half fold
However, you should select the size according to the content and information you want to mention in it.
Businesses who want to use a 3 panel format use this type of brochure. While using such type of brochure, bear in mind that the 3 panels slightly differ in terms of their width, size and cover. On the front and the back, it contains a lot of information. They are also varying in sizes including;
- 11” x 25.5” tri-fold
- 11” x 17” tri-fold
- 8.5” x 14” tri-fold
- 8.5” x 11” tri-fold
An 8.5” x 11” size is the most common size used in tri-fold brochures. They are mostly used by businesses as they can be neatly folded.
Accordion fold brochure:
This type of brochure includes 2 or more comparable folds and opens up like a fan. Those businesses that want to include a lot of details and information use this type of brochure. Since they contain a number of panels folded inside them, they are also known as ‘zigzag folds.’
Z fold Brochure:
As it names implies, it is made by having 3 panels folded back and forth, creating a “Z” look. It usually opens from left to right indicating all the 3 panels. This brochure is used by the business who wants to present designs beyond the whole width of the brochure or display information in a step-by-step format. It comes in the following size;
- 11” x 25.5” Z fold
- 8.5” x 14” Z fold
- 8.5” x 11” Z fold size
Gate Fold Brochure:
A gate fold brochure suggests a lot by only its name; it is opened and closed just like gates. They have a handy size with a distinctive format. They are used by the businesses who want to display imaginative designs using architectural landscapes and layouts coupled with wide images. Their typical sizes include;
- 11” x 17” gate fold
- 8.5” x 14” gate fold
- 8.5” x 11” gate fold
Half or Tri fold Brochure:
This type of folds is for the large brochures. They are ideal to fold bigger sheets that 11” x 17” in size. You can place them in big envelopes for mailing purposes. Real estate businesses use this type of brochures to display maps, big photos and rich content. It has only one standard size i.e. 11” x 17“.
What should be included in a brochure?
- An attractive line to attract reading interest.
- A particular message in simple and clear sentences.
- To make the brochure look appealing, you should use creative visuals.
- Properly use the white space to balance the brochure.
- Never input incorrect or false information.
How to create a brochure?
Let us discuss step-by-step on how to make a brochure that fascinates you audience;
Select the appropriate size:
At first, select a specific size that suits your style. Then, portrays information spread across the brochure. Every part of the brochure doesn’t cover the content and text as it looks untidy and difficult to interpret.
Write appealing content:
To pique the interest of the readers, business owners should keep the engaging and captivating content. It is recommended that first make a sketch of your brochure like what you want to place on your front cover, back cover and the body of your brochure. Don’t include any vocabulary and jargons that might be unable to understand by others.
Use eye-catching and high-quality graphics and pictures:
These are the most important components of the brochure. Your brochure should contain appealing visual images and elements. You have to ensure that the images that you are selecting suit the text and complement it.
Incorporate good color palettes:
Using different colors make your brochure able to deliver the message that your business want. Selecting a certain color scheme can give a better reading and viewing experience for your reader. But, you have to ensure that the color suits your brochure.
Print it at full bleed:
Once you have all done with the above steps, it’s time to print it. Also, your design extends all the way and starts from its edges.
How to create a Travel brochure?
Travel brochures are made by travel agencies for creating and promoting different countries and regions around the world. These types of brochures are colorful having several pictures of food. Let us discuss below how to make it;
Select a country
Selecting a country is the first step in making a travel brochure. There are a lot of countries in the world but just a few are well-known for the captivating sceneries and famous landscapes. You should select the country that welcomes tourists, have lovely views, food, and hotels for stay.
Choose the type and size of the brochure
There are different types and sizes of brochures you just have to select the most appropriate one. The travel brochure templates are typically in Tri fold form. The front cover contains some interesting and appealing information including important details regarding food, restaurants, packages, and attractions in the body.
In your brochure, put necessary information
It would be very difficult to put all details in one brochure since country has a lot of things that cannot be put into words. So, to capture the reader’s attention, you just have to put the best bits about that place. However, you should focus on the following things while writing a travel brochure;
- Things to do: tourists find this part of the brochure most captivating. They usually pay attention to what the country is offering them. They use brochure to see pictures of them.
- Pictures: you should sell the country in your brochure using images in case you really want your travel brochure to look appealing and amazing.
- Food: trying out something tasty is the best thing regarding visiting a country. Your brochure must contain the images of specific dishes or a signature dish that you think is famous.
- Weather: It might be possible that the tourist has never been to that country that you are convincing them to go there. Hence, you must tell them regarding the type of weather that country has.
The purpose of a brochure:
Advertising a specific brand and its services to its prospective customers is the main purpose of the brochure. They are mainly used for advertising and marketing purposes because they are promotional documents. They can be referred in future projects as it is a pocket-friendly approach.
In conclusion, a brochure template is the best tool in order to design the brochure in a preferred graphical program. Basically, it is a printed piece of marketing collateral. They contain essential information and pictures for a certain product or service offered by a business.