A stock certificate template is a piece of paper used to represent ownership in a company. It is also known as a share certificate which represents a legal interest and ownership in a company. This certificate includes information such as shareholder name, company name, the number of shares owned, the date, unique identification number and a corporate seal and signatures.
There was a time when stock certificates were the only way to prove ownership of shares in a company. They are a bit bigger piece of paper than a normal one and mostly have intricate designs to discourage any fraudulent replications. You should also check deposit slip templates.
Table of Contents
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- What is a stock certificate?
- How do you read a stock certificate?
- How do you fill out a corporate stock certificate?
- What is a stock certificate number?
- “Stock Certificate” A historical Thing:
- Information a Corporate Stock Certificate Template Should Represent:
- Free Stock Certificate Template
- Blank Stock Certificate
- Stock Certificate Format in Word
- Free Editable Stock Certificate Template
- Printable Stock Certificate
- Stock Certificate Border Template
- Corporate Stock Certificate Template
- Back of Stock Certificate Template
- Free Fillable Share Certificate Template
- Common Stock Certificate Template
- How to make a Stock Certificate Template?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is a stock certificate?
A stock certificate is a physical piece of paper that shows a legal interest and ownership in a company’s common stock. In addition, it also shows its related stockholder rights. It includes the following information;
- Number of shares owned
- The date of purchase
- An identification number
The stock certificate is a bit bigger than a normal piece of paper. They have intricate designs to avoid replication.
How do you read a stock certificate?
It doesn’t matter from where you receive a stock certificate; you need to know how to read it,
Step#1: Seek out your name on the certificate. It may appear prominently at or near the top of the certificate and represents the ownership of the stock.
Step#2: Look for the number of shares. This informs you of just how much stock you bought.
Step#3: Find out the per-share value. It must likewise be easy to find and reflects the price per share as of the date of buy. The buying price may be a reminder to you of your own stock-buying savvy either the stock value moves upward or downward.
Step#4: Find the date. The certificate makes it simple if you forgot your purchase date.
Step#5: Seek out the company name, signature, and corporate seal. The appearance of the seal and its significance can be traced back through the centuries. However, without a seal and the signatures, the certificate is not logical.
How do you fill out a corporate stock certificate?
After downloading the corporate stock certificate template, you need to add the following information;
- Applicable law: At first, you have to write down the name of the state where the company was incorporated.
- Company identification: Here you have to enter the name of the corporation and its legal address.
- Shareholder’s name: In the next line enter the name of the shareholder. You should write the name correctly.
- Number of shares: Next, define the exact amount of shares the person is purchasing.
- Corporate officer’s signature: For legally valid, the document must have the signature of at least two authorized officers.
- Company Embossed seal: After jotting down all the important information you must seal the certificate. Every company has its own seal.
- Date: Enter the date including month and year.
- Certificate’s identification number: Write the number of certificates at the top left side of the document.
- Share’s identification number: Enter the shares number and the prices of a transaction at the top right side of the document.
What is a stock certificate number?
A stock certificate generally includes a group of numbers on its face. Every certificate has its own certificate number given by the company which enables it to be tracked. It also contains a CUSIP number given by the Committee on Uniform Securities Identification Procedures which can be used to track the certificate. Moreover, the stock certificate also contains the number of shares that it shows written on its face.
“Stock Certificate” A historical Thing:
Stock certificates were used to represent partial ownership in a company. These were the only way to represent ownership in a company before the online and internet brokerage completely took over the financial world. It was a physical piece of paper issues to shareholders of a company which shows the details of the Stock Certificate format in word under the shareholder name in a company. But now these certificates have become a thing of the past as electronic trail has replaced the need of stock certificate to represent ownership. You may also like salary slip format in excel.
Although now it has become a lot easier to prove ownership in a company. If someone bought a share in a company through a broker. The broker will have an account with the name of the shareholder. One can still request the company to issue a stock certificate of stocks owned in a company but it’s an expensive and time-consuming process due to stock certificate’s unique and intricate designs.
The most common electronic alternative of the stock certificate is a process known as the book-entry form. It eliminates the need to issue a physical certificate. Stock handling and record-keeping become a lot easier with this electronic method.
Information a Corporate Stock Certificate Template Should Represent:
There are some free stock certificate templates available on the internets which are used by small firms with minor customization according to business. But it is important to make sure these templates must include the following information to represent the ownership of stocks, You may also check monthly financial management report templates.
- Name of Shareholder
- Name of Corporation in which shares have been owned
- Number of shares owned
- Issuance Date
- Unique Identification Numbers such as CUSIP or CINS number
- Seal or stamp for authenticity
- Authorized Signatures
- Certificate Number for internal record
Free Stock Certificate Template
Blank Stock Certificate
Stock Certificate Format in Word
Free Editable Stock Certificate Template
Printable Stock Certificate
Stock Certificate Border Template
Corporate Stock Certificate Template
Back of Stock Certificate Template
Common Stock Certificate Template
How to make a Stock Certificate Template?
Microsoft office suite comes with a lot of handy tools such as Microsoft word which can be used to make a blank stock certificate template. This blank template can later be linked with an excel file having shareholder’s information to automatically regenerate some certificates for all shareholders using macros. Simple steps for making stock Certificate format in the word are; You may also like puzzle piece templates.
- Import intricate border design for a certificate from graphics software or search for free certificate design in the search bar of MS Word.
- Certificates are mostly in landscape layout. Choose a landscape page size according to border size.
- Divide the page into two sections, in the upper half write the unique identification number and certificate number on left and right. Paste the company logo in the center and write the company name in a large clear font just below the logo.
- In the lower half write a detailed declaration for X number of shares transfer to ABC person on XYZ date holding authority signature and seal for the authenticity of the certificate at the bottom.