If you are going to travel by air then a plane ticket template is an essential tool that you need in preparation for your trip. Along with a boarding pass, it is one of the most essential requirements. You cannot get on to the plane without a plane ticket.
Table of Contents
- 1 What to include in a plane ticket template?
- 2 How to book your plane ticket online?
- 2.1 Book your ticket in advance
- 2.2 Check for deals and discounts
- 2.3 On an aggregator site, write the details of your trip
- 2.4 Choose your preferred number of stops
- 2.5 Go to the website of the airline
- 2.6 Decide whether you want to take package deals
- 2.7 Request special accommodation if required
- 2.8 Decide whether you want to avail of insurance
- 2.9 Finally, book your flight
- 2.10 Receive your receipt and confirmation
- 2.11 Obtaining a boarding pass:
- 3 Conclusion:
What to include in a plane ticket template?
A plane ticket is issued by a travel agency or an airline. It could either be a printed document or an electronic record. It acts as proof that you are entitled to one of the seats on a flight on a plane. Your plane ticket template should contain the following details;
- Your name as the passenger
- The name of the airline that issued the ticket.
- A ticket number along with the 3-digit code of the airline at the start of the ticket number
- Your destination
- The valid flight of the ticket except if you have an “open” ticket
- Baggage allowance details
- The fare you paid for including taxes.
- The “Fare Basis.” It should be an alpha-numeric or alpha code that determines your fare.
- Restrictions on refunds and changes.
- Your flight dates.
- Details on the method you use to paid for the ticket.
- The Exchange Rate. It is used to measure the international aspects of the tax and fare.
- A “Linear” or “Fare Construction” that indicates the breakdown of your total fare.
Moreover, keep in mind that the times mention on tickets are commonly for the local time zone where you’re traveling to. You may also like Travel Agency Invoice Templates.
How to book your plane ticket online?
People find that the booking for a ticket could be very complex. Nowadays, there are too many airlines, travel agencies, and websites to select from and the constant fluctuation of flight prices has also made the booking even more challenging. But with a little patience, flexibility, and spare time, you can book your plane ticket online. Let us discuss below;
Book your ticket in advance
The best time to book your plane ticket is between 21 and 112 days before you plan to travel. However, on average, the perfect is 54 days before you plan to travel.
Check for deals and discounts
It’s a better idea to scan for a website that offers airfare deals before deciding to book. If you have flexible trip dates then this can be truly helpful. You should also ensure that the website you use doesn’t issue fake airline ticket templates.
On an aggregator site, write the details of your trip
It is helpful to visit aggregator websites. These make you able to search for multiple airlines depending on your trip details. After that, you can see various flight options for the destination you requested. They also include the dates that you could sort by the airline, price, and trip duration.
Choose your preferred number of stops
Faraway places trips typically include stopovers at various airports. It is also possible that you may change your plane and going through airport security again. So, while booking for your trips, consider all these factors. It is also important to check what time of the day and how long these stops will be.
Go to the website of the airline
Most airlines allow you to select your seat when you book your flight. Also, you have to select seats for everyone you’re booking flights for. If there is adequate space for your entire party then you can choose to sit together. At an added cost, you can also select to opt for seat upgrades.
Decide whether you want to take package deals
Your selected airline may recommend you special deals or add-ons that you can avail at the end of your booking process. During booking or availing them, you can add these separately when you reach your destination.
Request special accommodation if required
For your flight, you may need special accommodations such as a wheelchair. You can request this while booking your flight. During online booking, if there is no prompt to type this information you can call the airline directly. Medical concerns, dietary restrictions, and service animals are the examples of special requests.
Decide whether you want to avail of insurance
Online booking also asks you either you want to add insurance or not. In such circumstances, you should read the fine print on this offer. Then, decide either your trip needs insurance or not.
Finally, book your flight
You should also have to ensure that all of the travel details you have given the airline website are accurate. If everything is right then to enter your payment and personal information, you can follow the prompts to complete the booking of your flight. In case, you are traveling with another person then you also have to give his/her personal information.
Receive your receipt and confirmation
When you have done with booking your flight, you will obtain your ticket information and receipt through email. Within a couple of hours, if you don’t receive these, you should contact the airline. You should place the email copy of your receipt in a secure location. For a smoother process at the airport, it is suggested that you print out a hard copy.
Obtaining a boarding pass:
You can’t enter the plane without your plane ticket template or boarding pass. If you have already paid for your ticket then there are two ways you can get your boarding pass;
- Download it online and print it at home.
- After presenting your plane ticket, you can obtain it printed at the airport.
In conclusion, a plane ticket template is an essential document in case you want to travel by air. This is issued by a travel agency or an airline. It confirms that you book a seat on a flight on an airplane.