A liquid measurements chart will surely come in handy if your work or studies involve precise measurements of liquids. This chart assists you in maintaining your workflow. If you use a liquid measure conversions chart for your work then liquid measurement conversion isn’t that complicated.
Moreover, this chart indicates you how values in one system of measurement convert to values into another system of measurement. It also indicates you the method of converting liquid values from one measurement system to another. It begins with metric values. This is because these are the most commonly used measurements.
The liquid measurements chart can use for various applications as the chart also show you the converted values. With the help of this chart, for conversion, you don’t have to perform manual computations.
Table of Contents
Tips for making a liquid measurements chart:
Below are some tips that you have to follow for making your own liquid measure conversions chart;
- Type in the title at the topmost part of the page. In case, it is a printable liquid conversion chart, you may also type in the purpose of your chart. Your title should be short, precise, and to the point.
- Explain the purpose of your chart with a brief description. This is particularly essential in case you want to use this chart for work or for school.
- Also, include your complete name. In this way, the reader knows that you’re the one who took the measurement for the liquid measurement conversion.
- If applicable, provide the complete name of your school or company.
- Select the measurement systems that you plan to use for your chart. Begin with the standard values. Then, make a list of the other measurement systems you have to include.
- By using the “Insert Table” feature, make a table.
- From one measurement system to another, write down all the measurement values. It’s up to you either you perform the calculations manually or use an online conversion calculator. Furthermore, you can perform the computations by hand. After that, by using an online conversion calculator, check your answers. This makes sure the accuracy of all the values on your chart.
- In the end, you can show that how you took the measurements and get the conversion values. You may also like Pie Chart Templates.
For your liquid measurements chart, converting measurements:
Measuring liquids is a difficult task. There are some modern types of measuring cups that has all the possible volume definitions. These still don’t make sure complete accuracy. When a recipe or a formula asks for a measurement, you should have your own liquid measurement chart to use as a reference. Also, you know what cups are and the different sizes of measuring spoons. But, most of the people don’t know the exact measurements of these pieces of equipment or the amount these can hold.
To the success of recipes, using accurate measurements is one of the easiest keys. You must still learn how to correctly measure liquids in case you don’t have a liquid measure conversions chart with you.
At first, you require the proper measuring tools. Let us discuss the most common tools used in the kitchen. This is because cooking is one of the most practical applications of liquid measurement. You require a set of measuring spoons and a set of liquid measuring cups to measure liquids.
- Measuring spoons are typically available in sets that measure 1/4, 1/2, 1 teaspoon, and 1 tablespoon. For both liquid and dry ingredients, you can use these spoons.
- Liquid measuring cups are commonly composed of plastic or glass. They can hold 1, 2, 4 or 8 cups of liquid. To make pouring easier, they have incremental markings, a handle, and a spout.
While measuring liquids, it is not suggested to use cups for dry ingredients. This is because the meniscus on the liquids may cause small errors in your measurements. After preparing the tools, it’s time to start measuring liquids;
- Firstly, pour the liquid into a cup. After that, set it on a level surface.
- To the level of the liquid, bend down to make sure that your eyes are at the same level with the incremental markings on the cup.
- By using the marks, check the measurement and take note of the number.
- Select the correct size of the spoon by using the teaspoons. Then, gently pour the liquid to the rim.
How to use a liquid measurements chart for cooking?
You should make use of the proper measuring tools while measuring liquids. In cups and fluid ounces, liquid measuring cups almost always possess measurement increments. Ounces measure weight. On the other hand, fluid ounces measure volume. You may have to measure one kind of liquid ingredient or another on the basis of the type of recipe you plan to make.
Sometimes, you may don’t know how to measure these liquids. Using a printable liquid conversion chart as reference is the best way to do this. If you’re following a recipe from countries which use metric measurements then instead of trying to guess the correct values, you should convert them manually or use a chart to find the correct values.
You can use either of the methods. Convert the liquid metric measurements to fluid ounces. Further convert these values to teaspoons, tablespoons, or cups. Moreover, to make things simpler for you, round off the converted values to the nearest whole number.
You should rewrite all of the measurements on a separate sheet of paper before cooking. In this way, you don’t have to go back and forth from your recipe to your chart. In case, you are following a recipe that includes several ingredients then this might cause you confusion. You should also check RACI Chart Templates.
In conclusion, a liquid measurement chart is an efficient tool that makes the conversion of liquid measurements easier. With the help of this chart, you can get correct values. It indicates the method of converting liquid values from one measurement system to another.