An equipment maintenance log template is used to keep track of business property and to monitor services and equipment. This log is used to ensure that they will retain their value in the future. Usually, large companies and factories use this log as it contains relevant information for different purposes.
Table of Contents
Different types of maintenance logs:
It is very important for company and business establishments to keep a maintenance log. It is a ready source of information that contains information about equipment, employees, on-going projects, completed projects, and much more.
The people have dealings with company policies will be familiar with this type of log. It typically includes the important data about an employee like their names, positions, current job assignments, performances, job accomplishments, and scheduled assignments.
Project logs give information about the company’s current projects. This type of log will contain their current status and their expected time of completion that assists the company in making adjustments.
Maintenance schedule logs:
For all the undergoing projects, this log is a type of timetable in the company. It contains all those projects that have already accomplished.
Machinery maintenance logs:
Machinery maintenance logs include information about scheduled maintenance and apply to the machines used in the company. On a daily basis, you can use different types of machines and equipment. You should also check Petty Cash Log Templates.
The benefits of using equipment maintenance log:
A good equipment service log is used by the companies who are engaged in renting out equipment. In order to keep track of the conditions, functioning, and maintenance of the equipment, they use it. This document is the bloodline of their business. Moreover, the benefits of keeping a machinery maintenance log are following;
- This log assists in preventing costly repair work due to poor maintenance. The hired pieces of equipment are constantly subjected to wear and tear. Therefore, after every rental, you should conduct a maintenance check. This way, you can prevent minor damages before they get worse. In the equipment service log, you should include information regarding each check-up or repair. This makes sure that for the next rental the equipment is always in good shape.
- For equipment maintenance, it helps in establishing specialized programs. Usually, equipment when rented out goes to varied working conditions. Each of the equipment needs a different maintenance check-up and you have keep track of the data from these check-ups all the time. This data assists you in identifying the type of maintenance work required for each piece of the equipment.
- It helps in protecting any issues related to warranty claims. When dealing with warranty claims, documentation of maintenance work is an important factor. Include information about all maintenance work like exact dates and time of the repairs as well as what repairs done. For any warranty claims, this helps in determining the business’s rights.
- This document increases the safety of the machine and equipment operators. In the work area, well-maintained equipment is less likely to cause accidents. You have to avoid these accidents in the first place. This log keeps track of the equipment’s health just like a patient’s file. They let you know what kind of maintenance you should perform. Furthermore, this is essential to make sure the people’s safety in the work environment.
- For machines and equipment, it assists in keeping track of the one accountable. It allows you to keep track of all operators who handled the machine. With the help of log, you can remind operators to take care of their equipment.
- The resale value of your equipment improves by having equipment maintenance log. The resale value of well-maintained equipment is always high. The log will act as evidence for the equipment high-maintenance to prospective buyers.
The importance of equipment maintenance:
Here is the importance of equipment maintenance;
- Equipment maintenance prevents the breakdown of your equipment. Equipment breaking down requires repairing. You can do this by yourself or hire an employee or specialist to do it. However, equipment will break down any time and when it does, it will disturb continuous service.
While incorporating preventive maintenance into your system, you can avoid these catastrophes. Check-up of your equipment on daily basis can pinpoint any problems before they even occur.
- In your equipment, any potential problems that may arise, daily check-ups will decrease. For instance, when you do regular check-ups of your kitchen equipment, this can lessen the risk of fire incidents.
Similarly, it will apply to your wear and tear equipment. You should hire specialists who can easily spot damages. Then, you can repair or replace them and this saves you time and money.
- Equipment maintenance saves you a lot of money. The expenses are astronomical when it comes to industrial equipment. Kitchen equipment are also costly to repair and costly to replace. For a certain user, you should make the most of equipment to recover its costs. Thus, a proper maintenance is a great way to achieve this.
The equipment that is poorly maintained is less efficient and productive. This way, it manifests itself in higher energy usage. Often, you will receive higher electric bills. When your equipment is properly maintained, you can avoid such predicaments.
- When we don’t change our car’s motor oil, we all have experienced what happens. Only by thinking the resulting problems, it gives us headache. This will also apply to poorly maintained equipment in analogy.
Your equipment will deteriorate faster without that regular maintenance. In the long-run, it requires high cost to maintain.
In conclusion, equipment maintenance log template is a useful tool that keeps track of business property. This document contains all necessary information regarding your equipment maintenance. However, some companies sometimes ignore preventive maintenance as they don’t know that spending some time can save the company more money in the long-run. In simple words, the equipment maintenance enhances productivity and profitability.