A bank deposit slip template is used by banks and financial services to generate deposit slips for their customers. It is a small piece of paper given by a bank to its account holders or clients. Usually, a deposit slip contains the date, name and account number of the depositor, and the amount being deposited.
The account holders or clients use a deposit slip while depositing money into a particular bank account. This slip ensures that deposits are credited to the correct account. Also, it acts as evidence that the bank has received the funds from the customer.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a bank deposit slip?
- 2 Elements of a deposit slip:
- 3 How do you get a copy of deposit slip?
- 4 The Advantages of Deposit Slip Template:
- 5 The Rich advantages of Deposit Slips:
- 6 Best Collections of Printable Deposit Slip Templates
- 7 Some useful information regarding the deposit slip template:
- 8 How to fill-up your deposit slip template?
- 9 Other ways to make deposits:
- 10 The Pros and Cons of direct deposit:
- 11 Faq (Frequently Asked Questions)
- 12 Why is the deposit slip prepared?
- 13 What is the main purpose of a deposit slip?
- 14 How can we differentiate between a deposit slip and a check?
- 15 What do you know about a deposit ticket?
What is a bank deposit slip?
A bank deposit slip is a small piece of paper form that a person has to attach while depositing funds into a bank account.
This bank slip includes the date, the name of the person who is depositing the amount, the depositor’s account number, and the amount that is being deposited also the breakdown of whether the deposit contains checks, cash, or if the depositor ought a certain amount of cashback from a check deposit.
Elements of a deposit slip:
Here are the elements that you must know in order to fill out the deposit slip correctly;
Every bank account has assigned a unique number. It is important to place the accurate account number on the deposit slip that you want to deposit money.
The name of the depositor
Some banks give deposit slip with depositor name preprinted on it. In case, not, then the deposit slip has a place to write your name.
When the deposit has been made, the client will write the date.
Write the amount here in case you are depositing cash.
If you want to deposit a check, list each one separately in given blank spaces.
First, add the sum of cash and check amounts and then, in this field, write the subtotal.
Less cash received
At the end of the deposit slip, this filed comes. It is used to enter the amount you would get back from the given check.
Affix the signature of the depositor here when he withdraws funds from his/her account.
How do you get a copy of deposit slip?
You can ask for proof of deposit slip in order to make payments secure. It may become trouble when you don’t have any proof of the deposit that you made. Hence, you should get a copy of the bank deposit slip to avoid the problem. You can follow the below ways to get a copy of the deposit slip;
- Visit the concerned bank branch and ask them to give a slip of specific deposit.
- Fortunately, don’t go to your bank if you have an online banking facility. You just have to login into your account and then make a request to send a copy of the deposit.
- To find to deposit, you can see the bank statement. Your bank statements have details regarding all the transactions.
The Advantages of Deposit Slip Template:
Here are the advantages of the deposit slip template;
- You can avoid time spent on creating the same draft repeatedly by using the bank deposit slip template. By downloading it from any website, you can get a perfect model of a deposit slip.
- This template gives protection not only to the customers, but also to the banks. The deposit slip serves as evidence that the bank has deposited the accurate amount into the correct bank account for customers.
- The depositor can ask for a copy of all necessary documents in case conflicts arise between the depositor and the bank. This slip helps in resolving the matter as it only displays the total amount deposited.
- In comparison to a paycheck, it is more secure. This is because the paycheck has the company’s sensitive information. So, it might be harmful if an employee lost the paycheck.
- To transfer salaries to an employee’s account anytime and anywhere, it is considered the safest and most convenient way. It saves the time of the employer as well as also the employees.
The Rich advantages of Deposit Slips:
- Professional and editable
- Provides the possibility of different time usage
- Equipped with high-quality content
- Requires no improvement
- Has an eye-grabbing and alluring model
- Accessible with one click
- Easily printable
Best Collections of Printable Deposit Slip Templates
Some useful information regarding the deposit slip template:
Let us discuss it below;
There are different types
You can see that there are different types of deposit slip examples by checking with most banks. They may vary as per the account type you’re depositing money into. Checking and saving accounts are the most common ones.
Slips for checking accounts are more complex
You need to write down the details of each check while you’re writing on such slips. It is also important to write down the net amount that you’re depositing into the account.
Before submitting your slip, you have to check it carefully
The bank will check the information on your slip. But, you have to ensure that everything you’ve written is correct. Your money would already go into the account on the slip in case the bank processes your transaction.
At the bank, you can only use the slip
You can make a deposit personally at the bank. However, you can make the deposits through an ATM or by mailing a check to your bank.
How to fill-up your deposit slip template?
Consider the following steps to fill up your deposit slip;
- First, you have to write down your personal details including your account name and number. However, you can skip this step if you’re using a pre-printed slip from your own checkbook.
- Next, write the date and the details of the bank branch.
- After that, mention the amount of your deposit in cash as well as specify the number of bills and coins you’ll deposit. Skip this step if you are depositing a check.
- In case you are depositing a check then specify the check number and the amount of each check.
- At the end, affix your signature on the deposit slip and assign it to your bank for processing.
Other ways to make deposits:
Here are the two ways you can use to make deposits;
Make a deposit via ATM
Nowadays, almost every banks have ATMs that you can use to make deposits directly. Some banks may still need you to use a deposit slip while some won’t. Some of the ATMs which accept this transaction on the basis of your ATM or debit card, would deposit your funds.
Moreover, you can even deposit cash and checks directly for some. This would enable the bank to deposit the funds you’ve deposited into your account right away. Maybe you aren’t able to withdraw the funds immediately.
Make a deposit via your mobile phone
Your mobile phone is another convenient way to make a deposit. This is generally a new way to make a transaction. You won’t need to use a deposit slip with this method. You just have to review the amount and your account details. After that, confirm the transaction.
When it comes to make deposits, different banks have their own sets of rules. Usually, they are the part of the fund’s availability policy. The policy describes how much time you require before you can access the deposited funds. About this information, you can also ask the bank personnel.
The Pros and Cons of direct deposit:
- Easier and faster transactions: For both the client and the bank, direct deposit makes the payment more comfortable and faster and reduces bank visits.
- Efficient payroll process: For businesses, the payroll process becomes easy by direct deposit as it enables timely payment of wages.
- Cybersecurity threats: payments are carried out online via direct deposit. Thus, to possible cybercrimes, they are susceptible.
- Bank account required: Without bank accounts, direct deposit can’t accommodate employees.
Faq (Frequently Asked Questions)
Why is the deposit slip prepared?
A Bank Deposit slip is prepared because it offers protection to both the bank and a depositor. It acts as proof that the bank properly accounted for the funds and an accurate amount is deposited and into the right account. Later, if the depositor checks the account balance and he seems that the deposit was not counted correctly then the deposits slip proofs that the bank acknowledges taking the funds from the depositor.
What is the main purpose of a deposit slip?
The main purpose of a deposit slip is that it tells the cashier which bank account number to which the funds have to be credited. The depositor can also request a copy of his deposit if he wanted; involving the deposit slip to represent the detailed amount that creates the total deposit.
How can we differentiate between a deposit slip and a check?
There is a huge difference between a deposit slip and a check. A deposit slip is used for the purpose of depositing money into the bank while a check is used to withdraw money from an account. But a thing that is similar between them is that both a deposit slip and a check are provided by a customer.
What do you know about a deposit ticket?
A deposit ticket is a list of currency and checks that are provided by the bank as proof a deposit has created, also known as deposit slip or receipt. More precisely, it’s a reception slip that is given by the bank after depositing funds into your account.