Lined paper template is a type of paper used for calligraphy, drawing, noting music, and writing. It has horizontal lines printed on it. These lines separate the hand-written text. In this way, it becomes easier for you to write compared to a blank piece of paper. However, you can make it with or without margins.
Table of Contents
- 1 Reasons for creating a lined paper template for yourself:
- 2 Different types of lined paper templates:
- 3 Two types of templates for students:
- 4 How to make your own lined paper template?
- 5 Conclusion:
Reasons for creating a lined paper template for yourself:
It doesn’t matter what kind of writing you have planned to do, the lined paper is the best source to use. You can also download a lined paper template from any website. There are various templates like for a college project, a poem, or more. This simple template will prove highly useful. It is easy to make and changeable too.
Moreover, the line paper is useful for the people who aren’t able to write in a straight line without a guide. The template also contains guide lines that make both writing and reading a lot easier. For your lined paper template, the type of ruling you use depends on the handwriting style you use. All types of lined paper have the same layout and horizontal lines. They have spacing and some of them have vertical lines that indicate sections or margins.
Different types of lined paper templates:
People make their own lined paper template for different purposes. You can use it for essay writing, record keeping, and for the kids so that they can complete their assignments. A readymade template can save you a lot of time and effort. Let us discuss below different types of lined paper templates;
This type of template has different colors and attractive graphics that make it more interesting for kids. There’s a wide range of templates for kids that may motivate creativity and learning in your kids.
For kindergarten students:
This type of template is very useful for teachers. However, the designs may vary whether it has simple papers with four lines or attractive papers with a lot of colorful lines and pictures. They also have dotted letters and numbers. This helps guide kids as they learn how to write.
For elementary students:
The students of elementary also use this for writing practice. Depending on its purpose, the paper may have a simpler design. They also have writing guides that is helpful for the students that are in the process of learning cursive handwriting.
For college students:
It is used by college students for writing long essays and notes.
You can print out notebook paper templates and bind them together to create your own notebooks at home. On the left side, add a vertical line as a margin.
For music writing:
This type of template is useful for aspiring or professional musicians. Depending on your music learning level, they come in different varieties and sizes.
For different purposes:
Blank templates with lines are used for different purposes. For informal writing work or creating drafts, you can use them. There are different choices for printable lined paper that can be utilized for multiple projects and activities.
You can create a writing paper template with a background for a more creative version. You just have to insert a background image. Then, on the top of the page, place the lines.
You can also use various templates as stationary. They have lovely and picturesque graphics which soothe the eyes. They make your work more attractive and presentable. They are especially made for presentations and projects.
With dotted lines:
This type of lined paper template gives an artistic touch to the page. They are appropriate for people of different ages.
Two types of templates for students:
They have plain and formal format. You can easily create lined paper templates for academic purposes.
These are more colorful and fun to use and you just need a computer and use some of your creativity. You should also check Graph Paper Template.
How to make your own lined paper template?
Without lines, creative and formal papers won’t be same. The paper with lines can make the process of writing and reading easier. You can use different heights and colors of the lines for different tasks. Moreover, you can also make your own lined paper template if you have the appropriate software for it. There are two methods of making a template with lines;
Using MS Word:
- At first, start with a new file. At the top of the toolbar, click on the drop-down menu.
- Go to view and choose formatting and standard from the choices.
- Find the justify button on the toolbar and click on it. For a neater presentation, this makes sure that the lines you will make will follow this alignment.
- Now, again go to the toolbar and choose the font and size. This will identify the interval between the lines of your template.
- To create a line on your paper from one end to the other, press the underscore key repeatedly.
- After that, the line you have drawn copy it. Then, paste the line again and again until it appears on the entire page.
- Firstly, select the material such as a blank paper, a pencil, a marker, and a ruler.
- Put the blank sheet of paper on table and take pencil and ruler.
- Identify the length of line you want to draw on your paper. It’s better to use ruler to measure the spaces between the lines.
- You can also draw dots as a guide. Then, draw the lines using the ruler and the pencil.
In conclusion, a lined paper template is a very useful document for students, parents, and teachers. You just have to print them out and used for different tasks. It is such a useful tool for the people who aren’t able to write in a straight line without a guide.