A business introduction letter is the best tool to expand business in its initial stage. It is used to create a business arrangement with other businesses. It can be a formal letter or you can inject some informal or friendly tones.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a business introduction letter?
- 2 How to introduce your business?
- 3 Basic things to consider for writing a business introduction letter:
- 4 Elements of a business introduction letter:
- 5 How to write your business introduction letter?
- 6 When can you send a business introduction letter?
- 7 Conclusion:
- 8 Faqs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- 9 What is the main purpose of a business introduction letter?
- 10 What are the different types of business introduction letters?
What is a business introduction letter?
A business introduction letter is written by businesses for introducing themselves to potential customers, distributors, investors, business partner, or other individuals or organizations. In the letter, they explain products or services they offer. These introduction letters may be categorized as either business-to-business or business-to-customer.
How to introduce your business?
Let us discuss below 4 effective ways to introduce your business;
Sending an introduction letter or email
A business introduction letter is usually sent through mail. Here are the steps to follow while introducing a business through email;
- You should make use of the letterhead to introduce the company. In case of mail letters, firstly introduce the company and the author and then introduces themselves by stating their name and their position in the company.
- Next, you have to state the purpose of the business. Clearly state that what the company does and specify its products and services and how they solve an issue.
- After that, state the objective of the letter. Make sure that you have clearly stated the objective.
- In the end, give some suggestions and provide a well-defined way forward. It would be better to state the contact details of the author and an invitation for a sit-down.
A viable alternative for businesses to introduce themselves is social media. It is considered the most effective means for businesses to interact with customers and other businesses. Businesses are popularly using Twitter and Facebook to engage with customers and other businesses. Here are the steps that business follow to introduce itself to customers or potential partners;
- At first, make a social media account by using the business mail. It would be recommended to use the official business name for your account name.
- In the description or about section, state the purpose of the company. Make use of engaging language and for the profile photo, choose a colorful and creative photo and upload it. On the official website, specify the company’s location and a link.
- By using the account, follow or add friends. In such a case, more followers or friends refer to more traffic to the business account.
- Giving the followers and fans incentives would be effective. Incentive can be in the form of discounts or special deals to new followers or loyal fans.
- When followers and fans on the company’s page interact and engage, it gives them a human touch.
- In order to remain relevant to the followers, you should upload photos, post announcements, special deals, and wish people good holidays.
Make an engaging website
Below is the procedure to make an engaging website;
- Determine the target audience. Give introductory details relevant to audience such as the company’s background, product or services, and mission.
- By providing a brief story that relates to establishing the company, give some context to the background information.
- You should state that what makes the company unique. By using customer feedback, you can identify what is special regarding the company’s products or services.
- At the end, proofread the introduction. You should make sure it is professionally written.
Make in-person introductions
Consider the following steps while introducing the company to someone in person;
- Make a pitch that specifies how the company’s product or service solves a specific issue.
- Meet with the customer, investor, or business representative and start with a casual conversation. You have to remain positive throughout the conversation. Give the introduction of your company and indicate compelling details like mission, impressive sales, etc.
- Don’t keep the conversation one-sided. So, try to enquire about the other person. Don’t ask very personal questions.
- In case, the product did not exist, specify probable issues or challenges that would occur.
- To succeed the meeting, suggest any actionable steps. Give them instructions regarding how they can access the company’s product or service in the future.
Basic things to consider for writing a business introduction letter:
Below are some basic considerations to keep in mind for writing a business introduction letter;
Basics of business introduction letter:
You should write the letter in a formal tone. It must follow business letter protocols. Don’t use pushy language or technical jargon. You should maintain a professional tone. It is recommended to use off-white or white-colored high-quality paper. Avoid using too many colors and graphics.
Moreover, you must use the company letterhead or logo and never use any graphics that may distract the reader’s attention. A handwritten signature at the end of the letter for an additional personal touch is highly recommended.
Think about your audience:
During writing a letter to new and prospective client, you have to make a professional relationship with them and you have to target their interests, needs, and desires. Check an audience profile and explain the types of persons who will most likely buy your products or services.
Catch the attention of the reader:
Keep in mind that you are not alone in writing such letters. Every day, prospects receive many marketing messages. You have to write an eye-catching letter that grabs the attention of your prospect and tickle their interest.
Describe what you can do or provide:
Most of the readers go through your company introduction letters to see how they might benefit the company. It is essential that you write convincing letters about your merchandise or services. This way, the people who read your letter can become your customers.
Extend an invitation to your readers:
At the closing of the letter, you can include an invitation to your reader. This allows them to learn more about your business. By coming into your shop or by visiting your business website, they can do this. You can also offer them to try your products free of cost.
Furthermore, some businesses can also offer discounts or some special deal when they come visiting at specified dates. You should also check Business Case Templates & Examples.
Elements of a business introduction letter:
You should include the following important elements in your letter;
At first, write a sentence that make a lasting impact on the reader. It encourages your readers to learn more information about your product. A question will usually get the reader’s attention that should be on the writer’s favor. The line should include the solution a problem or a need that the reader will feel determined. The opening line should be straightforward; limited to one or two sentences but should not provide answers. The letter should be about the purpose and not about you.
After grabbing your reader’s attention by explaining there is a problem, it’s time to provide concrete solutions. According to the reader’s predicament, make the solution as specific as possible. Keep this part short. You just have to provide enough information on how to solve the issue but there is no need to go into details yet. Here, the main purpose of the letter is to make sales response where you can give a presentation with more details.
Call to action:
Next, there should be a call to action statement. Let the reader know that you want to speak to him further. State that you would be calling his aide to schedule a meeting. Include your website address or your telephone number so that the client contacts you in case he wants to ask for more information.
It is not a good idea to leave the decision to the client for a meeting. In addition, never include a phrase such as “contact me if interested.” By reading this, they may not respond at all. Make it clear so that the recipient should ask for more information.
Finish each letter with a postscript is highly recommended. Before going through the rest of the letter, a lot of readers are even inclined to read this. Instead of using throwaway lines use a piece of information that would leave a good impression.
How to write your business introduction letter?
Follow the below tips to write an effective business introduction letter;
- You should include the several special features of your business. This may attract the attention of the reader.
- With an aim to increase your business, you should address your letter to potential clients or companies.
- Search online formal business introduction letter formats if you are composing the letter first time. This will remove any doubts in writing a well-crafted one. This would make the task of writing the letter easier for you.
- Don’t be too rigid while writing the letter. But, you have to remain slightly informal. Don’t keep the tone of your letter too short or concise. It is always suggested to make the reader feel good and comfortable about the business. Make the sound of your letter like a friendly one and include both the formal and informal tones.
- You should mention your details as clear as possible. The reader wouldn’t ask you up at a later time just to clarify such details.
- Your letter should include a gist of whatever deal you’re thinking of to start the ball rolling. Don’t leave the reader guessing what exactly you are going to do.
When can you send a business introduction letter?
There are various reasons to send a business introduction letter. Depending on the purpose of the letter, you can identify when to send it and how it should be written. Following are some reasons that you can consider for sending the introduction letter;
- Launching a new business
- Launching new products or services
- Establishing your market share
- Following up on sales contacts
- Enhancing investment funds, particularly in startups
- Establishing partnerships
- In local and national organizations, getting involved
In conclusion, a well-written business introduction letter should include the basic details of your business whether it deals with products or services. Before writing the letter, you should decide how or in what order you will present the information. Bear in mind that the letter is about your client’s interest and not yours. Also, familiarize yourself with the desires and needs of your audience.
Faqs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the main purpose of a business introduction letter?
The main purpose of a business introduction letter is introducing a new business to another entity. The letter proves very useful when a new business wants to establish and indicates its credibility.
What are the different types of business introduction letters?
There are three different types of business introduction letters;
- Business-to-business introduction letters
- Business-to-customer introduction letters
- Personal introduction letters