The best way to keep a tab on blood pressure is by using a blood pressure log. If you want to keep an exact record of your blood pressure, you should check it manually and write it on a blood pressure log sheet. In addition, you can use this blood pressure log sheet either on the computer or print it out and do it by hand. With the help of a blood pressure log template, you can keep a track of your blood pressure more effectively.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a blood pressure log?
- 2 Different types of blood pressure log:
- 3 Benefits of using a blood pressure log:
- 4 Difference between systolic and diastolic blood pressure:
- 5 Important components of blood pressure log:
- 6 How to use a blood pressure log?
- 7 Conclusion:
What is a blood pressure log?
Basically, it the best way to keep a record of your blood pressure and you can use it any time when you check your blood pressure. Your doctor suggests you use this log for a fixed interval of time to diagnose your health. You can download it from any website in different formats either in PDF or Word. You may also like the Blood Sugar Chart Template.
Different types of blood pressure log:
There are different types of blood pressure log that serve different purposes;
Blood pressure chart:
This type of blood pressure log has separate columns. It has a number of spaces that you can use to write down the symptoms in detail later when you have not been feeling well. You can also download a printable blood pressure chart template for your ease.
Blood pressure medication log:
If you are suffering from high or low blood pressure then you must need medication to keep your blood pressure under control. Hence, a blood pressure medication log allows you to write down the medication that you need to keep your blood pressure under control. By writing down the medication, you will memorize the specialized medication that you have to do for your blood pressure.
Customizable blood pressure log:
As its name implies, it is the blood pressure log that you can design according to your need and preference. If you want to keep track of your blood pressure on a serious note then you should use this type of blood pressure log.
Benefits of using a blood pressure log:
There are various benefits of using any type of blood pressure log. Let us discuss some common benefits of using a blood pressure log;
- Most importantly, it helps you in keeping your blood pressure in a normal range.
- With the help of this log, your doctor can diagnose your high or low blood pressure earlier. It helps them to make decisions about your treatment like adjusting dosages or changing medication.
- When you monitor your blood pressure on a daily basis then a sense of responsibility is developed in you for your health. Furthermore, you may be motivated to keep your blood pressure under control with an improved diet, physical activity, and proper medication use.
- Next, it can decrease your number of visits to your doctor.
- If you are a diabetic patient or have a kidney problem, with the help of this log, you can monitor your elevated blood pressure that contributes to high blood pressure.
Difference between systolic and diastolic blood pressure:
They both are the two different categories of blood pressure. Systolic pressure is the blood pressure that flows in your vessels when your heartbeats. On the other hand, diastolic blood pressure is the blood pressure that flows in your blood vessels when your heart rests between beats.
The normal and desirable reading of both systolic and diastolic blood pressure is 115 and 75. If the readings of systolic and diastolic blood pressure lie between 120 – 139 and 80 – 89 then it shows pre-hypertension.
A sign of hypertension stage 1: In this stage, the readings of systolic and diastolic blood pressure lie between 140 – 159 and 90 – 99.
A sign of hypertension stage 2: If the reading of systolic blood pressure is 160 or over and a diastolic blood pressure reading is 100 or over then the person is suffering from this stage of hypertension.
Most importantly, you should bear in mind that the reading of systolic blood pressure is always taken and write down before the diastolic blood pressure. This is the most important key point that you should keep in mind during taking blood pressure measurements.
Important components of blood pressure log:
The important components of the blood pressure log that every log must contain are as follow;
At first, write a new date whenever you are going to take a blood pressure measurement. It is probably the first thing that you may see on a log.
You should take blood pressure measurements twice a day. If you are taking measurements then write downtime of every measurement under the section of time.
It is also an important part of the log and is used to track beats once in a minute.
Here you have to write down the systolic blood pressure reading.
In this section, note down the reading of diastolic blood pressure.
In the end, in this section, you have to write about your condition and how do you feel.
All these above-mentioned components are the important elements of a blood pressure log. However, if you don’t know what should be included in the log then take a look at blood pressure log templates. In addition, you should use an Excel blood pressure log because it is the most convenient way to keep records and monitor your blood pressure. You should also check the Employee Emergency Contact Form.
How to use a blood pressure log?
- Firstly, you should select a blood pressure log that is according to your needs and preferences.
- Next, select a log that is updated.
- Makes sure that you are making entries in the log on a daily basis.
In conclusion, by taking a look at a blood pressure log template, you can know what you have to include in your log. It also tells you how you can use it for blood pressure measurements. Moreover, it is easy to design and maintain a blood pressure log. Using this log, you can keep a record of your blood pressure and keep it under control.