A homeschool schedule template is used by the parents for making a pre-defined lesson schedule for their children. Most parents select the homeschool education system for their children against the mainstream system. According to school laws and guidelines, you have to provide full education to your homeschooling child that fits for his/her age.
Table of Contents
- 1 Is homeschooling advantageous?
- 2 How to create a daily homeschooling schedule?
- 3 How to divide your weekly daily schedules?
- 4 A typical home school schedule:
- 5 Conclusion:
Is homeschooling advantageous?
Homeschooling provides you many benefits if you have a daily homeschool schedule. Furthermore, you can teach your child in a friendly, flexible environment. Some of the advantages of homeschooling are;
- Homeschooling is legal and you don’t break any law if you not take your child to a mainstream system.
- You have ample time for outdoors like playing, walking, molding, and doing experiments.
- Your child gets full attention because there is no competition for one teacher against several students.
- Your child gets education within the family set up. He/she away from bullies in the mainstream system.
- You can create a flexible schedule in favor of your family needs and set up.
How to create a daily homeschooling schedule?
Here are some steps that will help you in creating an effective homeschooling schedule;
Draw a template:
At first, draw a template and divide your template into workable blocks. Then, give each block name. For a day, create 5 blocks assign them name as early morning, mid-morning, midday, after lunch, and checking out. In this way, you can have an overview of how the daily activities will be like. After naming your blocks, fill in your subjects according to your child’s learning style. For example, some child understands math better in the morning, language in the evening, etc.
Space your subjects:
If you compact several subjects together, your child will get bored. So, rather compacting space out the subjects to avoid burnning. It’s better to cover each subject two-three times a week. You may also like Thesis Statement Template.
Place them in the homeschool schedule:
Place your schedule in the editable homeschool schedule template. In this way, you can make changes anytime to adjust into the current demands. After that, you can print it and pin it in your kid’s study room.
Include your weekly schedule with the annual syllabus:
In the department of education, homeschooling is not impulsive. But it is a set of the curriculum as guided by the stakeholders. Each state has its own set guidelines for homeschooling. Also, the curriculum is set to fit a given year. Each year has the semesters so your schedule should flow smoothly with the overall semester and year.
How to divide your weekly daily schedules?
You can divide your weekly daily schedule into two parts to fit your daily life tasks and career as follow;
Compact schedules pay attention on assigning more time to a certain activity or subject or giving the activity multiple numbers of days within the week. For instance, you can assign math three lessons within the week; assign reading two hours rather than one, etc.
The compact schedule provides benefit to the learners. It assists them in recovering lost hours in case of a missed lesson so that they remain within the curriculum timelines. It also allows time for activity-based subjects or experiment. With the help of this schedule, you can adjust your time for work and house chores.
Spiral schedules don’t follow a particular linear pattern. It follows a pattern in cycles. You don’t need to assign specific time to your subjects. However, you have to allow them to fall on schedule once their opportune time arrives. Basically, spirals are the loops that go round in circles. They link your subject at specific undefined times.
A typical home school schedule:
Some states schedule number of hours for daily homeschooling. But most parents don’t stick to the state’s schedule. In regular schools, a typical day may run for 5 hours and typical homeschool day may run for three hours. However, below points can help you in overcoming the challenges of your weekly daily schedules;
- Learning should be fun and you should adjust it whenever need and challenges arises as each day brings its trouble. Your subject flexibility may include things like;
1- Changing your starting time
2- Interchanging subjects
3- Delaying some subjects and so on.
- At some point, following hard rock schedules will bring frustration. If your homeschooling time starts at 11 am but circumstances may change and you may find yourself failing. Therefore, be routine minded rather than of wearing yourself out with schedules. You should follow routine patterns to fit into the current circumstance.
- May be you have more than one child homeschooling or another underage. You should consider each child during planning your schedules. Bring your children onboard smoothly and systematically. Your younger child needs more attention than older ones so give time to your younger child first.
- You should be flexible and provide time for unforeseen circumstances in your weekly homeschool schedule. On a specific day, your child may become moody so you must allow for unforeseen circumstances.
- When you have all done with your schedule, print a few copies and pin them on your study room table. You should also store some printable homeschool schedules in your computer or phone.
In addition, during preparing yourself for homeschooling, consider the following factors; You should also check Scholarship Application Template.
- Family needs
- Sleep patterns
- Job demands
- Outdoor lessons
- Academic cycles
In conclusion, a homeschooling schedule template is a helpful tool for parents in order to make a pre-defined lesson schedule for their children. Homeschooling might be challenging for beginners parents. However, this schedule assists you in following a particular pattern for teaching your child.