A client intake form is a questionnaire used for collecting information that you require from a client. With this information, you can decide the best course of action and devise a perfect strategy on what is to be offered to the client. It assists you in making well-judged goals among you and the client.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a client intake process?
- 2 What is a client intake form?
- 3 Types of client intake forms:
- 4 Which entities should use client intake form?
- 5 How to create a client intake form?
- 6 What are the advantages of using client intake form?
- 7 Some tips and tricks for using intake form:
- 8 Conclusion:
- 9 Faq (Frequently Asked Questions)
- 10 How to share your client intake form?
- 11 How to manage client intakes?
- 12 For what client intake forms are used?
- 13 What do you know about intake paperwork?
What is a client intake process?
In starting a relationship with a client, the client intake process is the first step. It includes the collection of information that you require. This is your chance to ask the client questions to get what you require. This way, you can start the work they hired you for.
Moreover, all businesses don’t have a structured intake process in place. This means that they don’t have a formal client intake form either. Unfortunately, for both you and client, this method could lead to frustrations. You can start an in-depth relationship with your clients by having a proper client intake process.
What is a client intake form?
A client intake form is a questionnaire that at the starting of a working relationship you share with a client. You can collect the information that you need from a client with a new client intake form.
Furthermore, you can benefit from using a client or patient intake form template in case your business gives any type of service or product and on the basis of the working with patients or clients. You can use this template in the following fields;
- Alternative therapy practices
- Digital agencies
- House cleaning services
- Interior design and renovation services
- Law firms
- Medical professionals
- Wellness establishments
Types of client intake forms:
There are different types of client intake forms that you can use;
- Simple form
- Small-business form
- Legal form
- Counseling form
- Business or corporate form
- Tax preparation form
- Patient form
- Real estate form
- Saloon or spa form
Which entities should use client intake form?
The client intake form should be used by the following entities;
- Digital agencies such as web design, SEO, graphic design, etc.
- Medical professionals including doctors, physiotherapists, dentists, doctors, physiotherapists, dentists, and more.
- Wellness entities such as gyms, spas, or personal trainers
- Law firms
- Accounting firms
- Real estate
- Renovation services
- Interior designing services
How to create a client intake form?
Consider the following steps when making your own intake form template;
Company and contact details
Without having basic information, you can’t make a client or patient intake form template. In recordkeeping, an important factor is to have an accurate collection of company and contact information. By having accurate information, you can reference these documents. This section must cover the following;
- The name of the company
- The main contact
- Their preferred method of contact
- Their role
- The size of the company
In addition to this, you can also include other basics that can give you with a high-level overview of what the company in question is all about.
Description of the client
You can start to go into the substance of your new client forms after covering the basic details. In this section, you can provide the client a description of their brand and their main services or products. The information they give provides plenty of insights that assists you in understanding and deciding whether this client is right for you.
You can enable them to candidly tell you what they do. Take note of how they explain their service or product. Definitely, this will give you with a better picture of how they view the identity of their company.
Challenges the client faces right now
Here, you can state that how your company will best serve the client. Provide them the opportunity and time to explain what they feel are the main concerns and problems they’re confronted with.
You should ask them what they require from your company. By describing these things will let you many things regarding their experiences and what type of client they will be.
Goals of the client
This section informs you a lot about the position your company that your potential client’s operations will have in the future. It will be your client’s goals in all probability that will give the most right picture of the expectations and hopes to your working relationship.
Additionally, these goals can indicate you the viability of a working relationship among your company and theirs. For example, you will know that you cannot deliver if they explain ambitions that are almost impossible to achieve. You should have a candid conversation with them regarding what your company can realistically achieve for them.
Budget details is the most important point to provide consideration to. It underscores every other section discussed as a matter of fact. Your company cannot achieve much for their goals, vision, or challenges in case a client’s budget isn’t enough.
However, this provides you a point of reference for the resources you can assign to help the client if they do meet your standards. Also, it can assist you set specific boundaries to make the strategy you will deploy to assist your client.
In this section, you will begin to figure out the way you will serve your client. For understanding how your client’s organization operates, you will get useful reference points. On the basis of this information, you will search how companies in the client’s space run their businesses.
You will find out the strategies the competitors of your client use. From there, identify whether your company can leverage the same tactics. For example, you discover that their operations are totally different from your services after checking out the competitors of your potential client. As such, you can make a decision that this client’s organization isn’t a good fit for your company.
Any questions or information that you haven’t covered, room for them
This section is important to include any other information that the other sections haven’t contained. In this part, your client can include relevant information that they think you should know too.
What are the advantages of using client intake form?
Let us discuss below the advantages of using client intake form;
- You can find the right clients for your business by making it compulsory for your prospective clients to fill in a form as part of your client onboarding process. Some prospective client may not ready to start working with you because they aren’t able to provide you specific information or chasing requirements or for whatever reason. This way, you can filter out them who aren’t ready to start working with you.
- You can serve your client in the best possible way by having all the information you need. When you ask the right questions, this makes sure that you have provided these services before. So, client intake form proves you a trusted professional as well as also prove that you are experienced at what you do.
- Your project’s delivery might be negatively impacted if you depend on endless email exchanges in order to obtain details that you require from and about your client. You have reached an agreement with your new client immediately when you gather all pieces of information at once and in one place.
- With the help of client intake form, you can plan your work accurately and accordingly and this is also appreciated by your clients that you have capability to fully manage their expectations.
Some tips and tricks for using intake form:
Here are some tips and tricks that you should consider for using intake form;
On your OS work, implement automations
When your prospective client completes an intake form, you need to automate your intake workflow by including automations. For instance, a task can be assigned to the account manager to review the answers when a client completes and submits their intake form.
In the client journey, make use of an intake form for every step
Intake form can be used with new leads for the onboarding new clients before they book a call with you. That way, your time will save that you spend on the people who aren’t a good fit for your business.
Furthermore, in case, your current clients want to start a new project with you then inform them complete those requests on their own by adding an intake form. This process can be automated in order to assign the right person to review the request.
Ask your clients that from where they knew about you
It is important to ask from every new lead and client that from where they knew about you. You must add that question in your client intake form as this is the best way to ask about it. After knowing from where your most of the clients come, you can put more effort on that.
In conclusion, with the completion of a client intake form, your relationship with a new client usually starts. This helps you in identifying if there is potential to assist you form a long-lasting relationship with a client.
Faq (Frequently Asked Questions)
You can share your client intake form online. No effort is required, you just have to copy your client intake form and paste it on your website.
How to manage client intakes?
The submission of your client intake forms is encrypted in transit. After that, it is stored in a secure database. Then, you can export it to PDF and Excel. Also, this client intake form can also be connected with a wide assortment of third-party apps.
For what client intake forms are used?
They are mainly used for collecting quickly sensitive client data for organizations such as digital agencies, nail salons, and more. The client’s submission is synced suddenly when they submit a form. Also, it is stored safely in your online account.
What do you know about intake paperwork?
Intake paperwork contains all the important paperwork to onboard a client. Aside from including an intake form, it also contains paperwork types on the basis of which industry you operate in. Here is some examples of intake paperwork;
- Insurance information
- Contract or service agreement
- Identity cards
- Business registration